P.F. Chang's - Quality, Professionalism, Successful Restaurant | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

"Quality, Professionalism, Successful Restaurant"

Current Employee - Bartender in Lansing, MI
Current Employee - Bartender in Lansing, MI

I have been working at P.F. Chang's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PF Chang's has done such a great job creating its brand name that even through recessionary times we stay very busy. I make great money and the schedule is very flexible. When you visit other restaurants and see how they do things, you cant help but feel like you are working for one of the best. I have worked for four other restaurants prior to Chang's, and no other corporate restaurant in my experience is as professional as PF Chang's. We focus greatly on our guest to ensure they have the best experience they can. The pay is also better, not just because I make more tips here, but there is also opportunity for a base pay increase.

Cons

It seems there is not very far to climb. The corporate way of this company is to only let you achieve management in a single store. If you have goals to work in corporate or in a district management or any other form of advancement beyond your own little store, good luck. Other cons of this restaurant are typical in the corporate restaurant environment. They constantly make changes that seem to not make sense because frankly they don't know what it is like on the front lines of the restaurant. Also, they have decided to cut wages for all of the management staff.

Advice to Management

Stop suffocating your operating partners with all of your micro management controls. Set the guidelines and then let go just a little bit. You may be surprised that when you let someone govern more of their own restaurant it may become more profitable. Besides who really knows the customers of the store, someone who deals with them everyday, or someone who is sitting behind a desk somewhere ten states away? Also, don't strip away incentives. Its pretty simple incentives drive those who are receiving them to do greater so they can receive more, if you take them away where is their INCENTIVE to improve?

Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's

1. "Server"

Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at P.F. Chang's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment. Management is very helpful with scheduling and time off.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any bad thing to say about working for pf changs. I make my own hours and come home with cash in my pocket every night.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing?

2. "Server"

Former Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Server in Greensboro, NC

I worked at P.F. Chang's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment. Teamwork is promoted between all levels of employees. Decent pay if you develop some customer loyalty.

Cons

The company was recently privatized and the management will try to squeeze every ounce of profit-producing activities out of you. There is a lot of favoritism.
    If you want to make good money you will have to attain seniority (by being there the longest), brown nosing with the management, and working late on weekends.

Advice to Management

Chill out and let people do their jobs.