P.F. Chang's - Great company to work for! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

"Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Server/Hostess in Mount Pleasant, SC
Former Employee - Server/Hostess in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at P.F. Chang's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team was great, really cared about staff.

Cons

Hard job, even as a hostess. I held this job while finishing college.

Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's

1. "Decent job, decent pay, good for students"

Former Employee - Bartender/Server in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Bartender/Server in San Jose, CA

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

P.F. Chang's provides strong internal structure, as well as clearly outlined training procedures. The emphasis on customer service can be felt from the top-down; corporate and mid-level management alike encourage and support consistent service behavior. The product is average, but employees at most locations are taught to deliver above-average to excellent service. Expect flexible scheduling and manageable workloads (unless you reach management level). There are opportunities to move up, though few would recommend it.

Cons

Managers work long hours (50-60 hours a week at my location); compensation is decent overall but seemingly not worthwhile for the workload (high turnover rate supports this idea). Supervisors are poorly compensated; many return to their service positions (server, bartender) because the tips outweigh both the added hourly wage and the benefit of the experience. As stated above, product is average (at best), but this is to be expected in a chain restaurant that is interested in selling its product for a reasonable price to as wide a range of customers as possible.

Advice to Management

See: cons

2. "Great first job experience"

Former Employee - Server in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Server in Lakewood, CO

I worked at P.F. Chang's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment teaches you how to work under tremendous amount of pressure at times. Great teamwork mentality at the restaurant I worked at. Managers trained in all parts of the restaurant so they always had my back when it came to customer complaints. Managers went out of their way to work around my school schedule.

Cons

High turnover rate due to fast-paced environment not for everyone. As with all restaurant positions, you definitely had some bad days. Times of high stress (like Saturday nights) caused some coworkers to lose their cool and would occasionally take it out on other employees.

Advice to Management

Always have your employees' backs.