P.F. Chang's - BackWaiter is not an ideal position | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for P.F. Chang's

"BackWaiter is not an ideal position"

Former Employee - BackWaiter in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - BackWaiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I loved the atmosphere and food at P.F. Changs. For the most part, all of my managers and co-workers were friendly and professional. Even though the duties of a backwaiter are not ideal or pleasant, I enjoyed the relationships I made with other employees and felt valued as an employee.

Cons

The job requirements for this position are not glamorous. Being a female amongst mostly males was awkward at times. Even though I could hold my own, I did not like carying the huge black trays, especially when they were overloaded with food. Had I known I would be taking out the trash and doing other people's dirty work all day, I probably wouldn't have taken the position in the first place. Being a server is a different story; they make a lot more money and have minimal sidework (bc the backwaiters do all of the re-stocking).

Advice to Management

If you tell someone they will be promoted to server after a certain amount of time, you should promote them when the time comes or at least talk with them about why they are not being promoted instead of just ignoring the discussion.

Other Employee Reviews for P.F. Chang's

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Flexible schedule and good money.

Cons

You have to work weekends to make your money.

Advice to Management

Paid Vacation!

2. "A decent place to make your tips."

Former Employee - Server in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Server in San Jose, CA

Pros

After one year of service all hourly employees are eligible for benefit package...mediocre at best. Flexible with scheduling and time-off requests. You can make really good money when and if the restaurant is busy.

Cons

Minimal assistance from management, they are often in their office even when the restaurant is very busy. More cleaning and bussing involved than in other restaurants, which makes it hard to provide good service to guests.

Advice to Management

Come out of your office please! I don't need someone hovering over me every minute, but it would be nice if you came to help out when needed.