PAREXEL - Industry Leader - tremendous growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PAREXEL

"Industry Leader - tremendous growth"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Within my dept, the management team communicates openly at all levels. PAREXEL is a leader in innovation and adaptability to the changing environment. Executive leadership consistently demonstrates their desire and willingness to hear the ideas of those doing the work. Hard work and achievements are recognized.

Cons

Companies can always improve... PAREXEL is no different.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and act accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews for PAREXEL

"Overworked, underappreciated"

Current Employee - Live Study Manager
    Current Employee - Live Study Manager

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Can work from home on occasion. Senior staff seem to be allowed to make own hours and work from home on regular basis.

Cons

The workload is ridiculous. The company takes on more contracts than they have manpower for. The expectations for new employees who have no experience in this field are beyond unreasonable. It is a sink or swim environment. They assume if you are intelligent (based on your resume) you can figure everything out for yourself. This is all well and good except there are deadlines, angry clients, etc. and you don't really have the luxury of time. I essentially received no training. If you are intelligent and hardworking you will pick it up eventually, but be prepared to suffer the anxiety for about a year on your own. To top it all off, the pay is insultingly low. If you are right out of college, you will get good experience, but it will come at a price - your sanity. Stay long enough to learn what you can, then get out.

Advice to Management

Take some time to see what a day in the life of your workers is really like. If you really expect us to continue to work daily overtime, not take lunch, and clean up everyone elses' mess you need to pay us more.

2. "Career dead-end"

Pros

New IT technology (ex. Enterprise Service Bus )

Cons

I worked in tech support and it was a very bad experience compared to working in software companies. It was a hectic , disfunctional environment . We supported several 3rd party products, had very superficial knowledge of how these products work and were not able to do a good job assisting users.

Advice to Management

Tech support needs a lot of training .