PAREXEL - makes one contemplate leaving elsewhere for here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PAREXEL

"makes one contemplate leaving elsewhere for here"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

niec people, free fruit and bagels on mondays and wednesdays. if thats really it then ouch

Cons

no structure, the throw you to the wolves style of learning, no training, underpaid when job role and title are compared around the industry.

Advice to Management

i wouldnt know where to start but there has to be a reason for this companies high turn over rate

Other Employee Reviews for PAREXEL

"Think twice"

I worked at PAREXEL full-time

Pros

The Roth 401(k) option was nice to have. There is a lot of work to do and this could have been a very good thing, however, there were significant downsides. My coworkers were good people and I really liked my manager. After all, we were in the same boat.

Cons

My job description changed the day I joined the company and I was not going to be doing the job that I accepted. I would not have accepted the job I ended up doing. Work hours are very long due to the heavy workload and an unwillingness to staff projects appropriately. Travel was excessive so my work-life balance went out the window.

Advice to Management

Stop misrepresenting the job during the interview process. Please provide adequate training, rather than seat-of-the-pants, just-in-time training.

"Terrible! Chaos...at least two persons flee per week!"

Current Employee - Statistical Programmer
    Current Employee - Statistical Programmer

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! If there is anything - it may be flexible timing...you should be 24 hr on call anyway!

Cons

Sweatshop work environment
    Difficult to demonstrate ownership of work - your time is always divided among different projects
    Management is useless, does not "devote" as much time as programmers to work, often has no understanding of the work
    No prospects for growth, no bonus, increments probably if you're ready to be "married" to your job
    Management keeps asking if you have even a "couple of hours" of time and by that they mean a "couple of hours on top of the 12-14 hours" you're expected to work on a regular basis
    New hires are not properly onboarded, trained or given a lead time before they're expected to conjure fabulous results over a short timeline
    Extremely stressfull work environment....stay away unless you don't have any other option!

Advice to Management

You need to do something quick to keep your flock