PCM - SARCOM: Rated not Hated | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for PCM

"SARCOM: Rated not Hated"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Steady paycheck so far. Um, I mean there's not a lot to say here. I wish I could say more but this is coming from someone whose comments are based on observation, not from being bitter about getting passed up or anything of the like.

Cons

"GOOD OLD GIRL" network. Only party buddies and taddle tales advance and it's pretty gross to watch.

Advice to Management

Be proactive and get to know as many of the employees as possible. Having a suit lead you around on tour and not meeting the people who make less than $40,000 a year is downright rude. oK, busy schedule as an excuse once or twice, sure, but not every time.

How about not making your employees pay 100% of their health and dental insurance? $147.00 a month for health insurance is not a benefit, it's a coupon.

If you're not worried about turnover, don't worry about making any changes. It costs 10 times more to find a new client than it does to find a new one. I say it costs 10 times more to replace and train a good employee than it does to keep them on the happy side.

Other Employee Reviews for PCM

1. "Lots of opportunity, for the right people"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at PCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, young organization with very little footprint in Canadian market space. Greenfield opportunity to grow with the business. Open minded fresh management team, want to build something great. As soon as AEs can get unnecessary processes out of the way, there will be a lot of opportunity to do extremely well, as there are some very strong technical skillsets in-house.
    - Great solution architecture and presales capabilities
    - Great cloud offerings and experience - proven track record
    - Industry-leading professional services offerings

PCM has all the right ingredients to be the top IT solutions provider in Canada, but we are now at the beginning stage. The prevailing belief is that the growing pains are mostly over, and as long as we have the right people, we will do great things.

Cons

Systems integration with the three organizations that have been brought together. It is being addressed and operational gaps are slowly being fixed.

Advice to Management

Focus on the customers. Every interaction should be win-win and understanding our customers' business will help us better align with their needs and become the trusted partner they are looking for. PCM has the capabilities to provide true end-to-end solutions, we just need to live and breathe positive business outcomes for our customers. If we can get the process/systems issues out of our sellers' way, sky's the limit!

2. "Technical Analyst"

Former Contractor - Technical Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Technical Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at PCM as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers, from all different walks of life. A very robust IT service managment environment.

Cons

Pay is definitely below the industry average, but management doesn't seem to care. This company routinely fires decent people for just about any reason, so definitely don't expect any loyalty or thanks for your hard work. You can be replaced in a heart beat.

Advice to Management

Increase pay to industry standard levels, and show some appreciation to good employees.