PCM - Sarcom........Woo!!....... | Glassdoor

"Sarcom........Woo!!......."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly good people to work with. Most recent management change in a certain area has been good, but I don't expect these people to last due to a ridiculous turnover rate. When an "exec" messes something up, they seem to blame it on the person underneath them.

Cons

-Flat out bad pay.
-Very little management (this has been getting a little better recently)
-Little to no training
-Awful benefits/vacation/sick time
-No promotions.
-No raises.
-Even when raises were givin (8cents), there were a handful of people who didn't get them, who had been here for years, and are some of the best employees in their dept.
-Office polotics like I've never witnessed in my entire life at any job.

Advice to Management

Pay the people with the knowledge more money and they will work harder so you don't have to keep hiring in new people at higher rates than older employees make after they had been there for years and still hadn't received a single raise themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for PCM

"Great Place To Cut Your Teeth"

Former Employee - Sales in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Torrance, CA

I worked at PCM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best things for me was with so many customer types it a great introduction to meeting various environments that has helped me in my latest job. Wide range of product offerings allowed me to fit product in that I wouldn't have had access to otherwise.

Cons

There was an overall lack of overall leadership in the company. This also meant a real lack of focus. Looking to win the latest deal only. To heavy of an investment into HP, Cisco and Apple.

Advice to Management

Trust those you put into place to do their jobs and answer questions when asked with a purpose.

2. "Do not even bother interviewing, it is a waste of your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at PCM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'll let you know when I think of one. I worked there for three years.

Cons

Company not willing to pay close to market rate for talent. You make more at fast food than a degreed professional on the help desk. Every month there was another email about an executive leaving the company and a reorganization. Very unstable organization, very negative working environment, very unprofessional service management. When management realizes fear tactics fails to get results, management will fire you and call it a "reduction in force" . The few good managers they do have, they will find reasons to fire.

Advice to Management

Close the doors.