PCM - Getting Better | Glassdoor

"Getting Better"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to show case ability; due to their Partner status with many large vendors there are multitudes of free training opportunities available. Flexibility is high, great people to work with and learn from. There has been lots of recognized changes happening at all levels of management

Cons

Benefits in every regard are under par from what i'm used to. Most processes have not been formally documented. They try to do a lot with too little, i.e.: one person will have the responsibility or work load of 3 - 5 people. Lack of ability to retain top talent.

Advice to Management

Develop a more decisive and involved hiring and on-boarding process. Build standard process documentation so that new hires can more easily and efficiently become acclimated to their environment. Establish internal training or mentor programs to encourage growth and foster talent. Recognize employees who are overworked and actively seek to remedy and compensate as opposed to reactive actions. Encourage more team building and company culture events for employees, not just show cases to vendors/customers

Other Employee Reviews for PCM

1. "Good for now"

Current Employee - Computer Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PCM part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time schedule allows me to finish my masters degree and take care of my kids. Extra money while still going to school and attending certificate training courses.

Cons

Work hours are feast or famine. Either lots of OT or very few hours a week. Salary is also very low. Two managers seem very disorganized, and don't know your schedule for the upcoming week until the Sunday evening before.

Advice to Management

Plan better so that we can have our schedules a week in advance.

2. "Account Manager."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay decent opportunity.free lunches on some days

Cons

Success highly dependent on your manager and the quality of your sales territory
    hard work not appreciated.

Advice to Management

stop hiring managers that have no IT experience,and placing them with new recruits
    let new recruits develop a client base,before placing them