PCM - Leech productivity for little pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PCM

"Leech productivity for little pay"

Current Employee - Help Desk\Support Specialist in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Help Desk\Support Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn a lot about various softwares\systems.

Cons

Expected to keep adding on to skill set and work load with no increase in pay or any other bonus.

Advice to Management

Be competitive and fair to your loyal , worthwhile employees.

Stop paying more for new employees when your loyal multiple year employees who actually have skills and experience get paid way under average\competitive pay.

Other Employee Reviews for PCM

"N!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at PCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can think of only one: intimate knowledge of the technology vendor marketplace.

Cons

Where do you start? If you're been on this planet for at least 30 years, you know company's lie to get employees in the door. I have never counted more than 10 separate lies at any company in the past, but I did at PCM! Lies ranging from the size of their company (I heard multi billion $$$ at least 3 times, but the truth is $100 million), to the number of Account Executives making over $100K (a mid level manager said dozens but I have never found a single one) to the top commission rate on sales stated at 25% but truth is much less than that. AE's are not paid on sales here, but on the PROFIT you bring to the company. You will never know or even have a remote idea of what you're making until you receive your first commission check. The wait for your first check will be long, plan on about 80-90 days after you start. There are no benefits for 90 days, even vacation which begins accruing on your 91st day! You have to work a full day on Christmas and New Year's Eves, really? Yes. Check out their health care insurance rates! I checked on the California Exchange for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and the prices are the same as you would pay for your portion of "company subsidized" at PCM. I know the economy sucks, but PCM is working at a hellish company run by Satan's helpers. Don't even think about interviewing here, there are better jobs and you won't make ANY MONEY HERE! If you don't believe me, go to their parking lot and look at all of the 10 year old GM cars. The company changes its name every couple of years...I wonder why they would do that?

Advice to Management

Do you have any idea how much lying and outright fabrication of the truth is being done by lower to mid level representatives of your company?

2. "It was the fantastic people that made it worth being there."

Former Employee - VACOL in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - VACOL in El Segundo, CA

I worked at PCM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The money was good and I like challenges.

Cons

It seems like everyone always was behind and rushing to catch up.

Advice to Management

Stop laying off your most experienced people, they are the ones that keep steering the ship straight when it needs to be there.