PCMS Datafit - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Pros

Product company with vast opportunities to grow. Lot of opportunities for the Point of sale field as PCMS is starting to get good customers including big retailers.

Cons

they operate off of cincinnati and have no other offices in US.

Other Employee Reviews for PCMS Datafit

"Best Java Shop in Cincinnati"

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time

Pros

Don't listen to the one negative review posted recently. You can clearly tell from that person's post their level of intelligence is not up to par. The grammar and comma errors in that post indicate the person wasn't a good fit for the company. It's likely someone spouting off because management was smart enough to identify them as a negative person and a cancer to the team.

PCMS is a great place to work. I'm constantly challenged and actually enjoy going to work. The people are great. The atmosphere is great. The development teams are lean and agile. We focus on delivering a great product and making our customers happy. One of the coolest parts about my job is that when it's done I can walk into a store and actually see the work I did. POS software is challenging and multi-faceted. The demand in the marketplace is there for our product and we are positioned for growth. What's great about PCMS is that your job is what you make of it. They promote from within and there are lots of opportunities for growth. Working long hours is the exception, not the rule. Most days the place clears out at 5 unless you're behind on your tasks for the sprint.

Cons

The elevators are really slow. Sometimes it's hard to find a meeting room when you need it but there are a few backup options.

Advice to Management

Remember how far we've come. Keep weeding out the negative people and squashing the negative attitudes when they pop up.

2. "On the rise!!"

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time

Pros

I've been working for a couple years and am happy by changing culture and efforts to make this place better. We have casual and comfortable dress - even shorts are ok, fresh fruit is provided for free every week, multiple coffee makers in the kitchen are very nice and appreciated. The people are what make it special though. They help with flexible schedules and support people with personal issues and medical leave when needed, and are trying constantly to make efforts to care for their own. My manager asks how I'm doing, and listens to the answers - which is very rare. We also do treats for people, to show caring. Work is fast paced, always changing, and gives chances to learn and advance, which is great. There so many people who want to help, teach their skills, share knowledge; I really love the teamwork even as leaders for years will help new hires with their work. New focus on the Product and helping all people be experts on the product is very nice.

Cons

Business is growing and need more great team members for new big projects - this is a good problem to have these days though, even if it means everyone works harder. While work gets heavy, teamwork and people get together to get through.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve office life. Continue talking to people and ask for feedback, as many want to make every day better. Make us more of a family and make sure people know you care about them personally. Reward those that help teach and help share knowledge, just recently I learned about massive knowledge place using Confluence - this is great!!