PCN Strategies - PCN taught me everything I needed to become successful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PCN Strategies

"PCN taught me everything I needed to become successful"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Account Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCN Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic management
Great upward mobility
Fantastic incentives, uncapped commission; you get back exactly what you put in.

I began working for PCN right after college. They brought me in and taught me how to recruit and develop lasting relationships with candidates, companies and government clients. I was promoted to Account Manager in less than 1 year, and I quickly became responsible for developing and managing new accounts. Upper Management was always helpful, and never left me feeling like I was lost or helpless. I set goals for myself, and was rewarded for my successes far more than any large company would have. PCN enabled me to realize my goal of developing and taking ownership of a brand new line of business, which was extremely rewarding. I still to this day keep in touch with all of my former colleagues at PCN. 3 years after graduating, I'm making far more money than 95% of my friends, and I couldn't say that without my professional development at PCN.

Cons

PCN is a fantastic company for anyone who wants work hard and be rewarded for your achievements. With that being said, for internal operations, recruiting and account management, this is not a 9 to 5 type environment. If you're looking for a clock watching, cushy job where you can skate by, go work somewhere else. PCN expects you to work hard, and achieve results. If you work hard and focus on helping the company, PCN will give back far more than you put in.

PCN is a challenging environment, and they work on challenging positions for very particular high-level clients. This takes a qualitative approach to recruiting and understanding client needs beyond just the technologies on paper. PCN invests in all the best tools the industry has to offer, but expects to deliver only the best candidates. Working at PCN is not a numbers game where you throw 100 candidates at the wall to see what sticks, which can prove difficult for some non-quality focused recruiters.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and re-investing in the company and the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for PCN Strategies

"I wish I would have known before I accepted ...."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCN Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The manager there gives you a crash course in IT training ..

Cons

There is no work life balance. You are required to work until 8:30pm on Wednesday and 6pm M-T-Th- Friday. You are also "not allowed" to go home if you have not found a certain number of candidates before the end of the day and if you do leave a bit after 6 management will and have question your personal life priorities. When I started the company I was told lies about almost everything ( I can verify) such as the volume , quality , type of work and clients they support, management also motivates by telling the staff that they will be fired every other day if they do not produce candidates for stale job orders. There are a lot of "integrity" issues and if you are considering working here just follow up with previous employees on LinkedIn as there is high turnover.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to a new employee and find out how they are motivated. Not everyone responds to threats and harsh emails ofter legitimate work hours. Offer a nurturing and supportive environment and you will get the results you are seeking.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at PCN Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management shows a lot of interest in my success.
    I am always learning new skills to recruit for.
    Get to work close with the owner of the firm.

Cons

It would be great to have a few more corporate events.