PCN Strategies - Work Hard, Play Hard | Glassdoor

"Work Hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at PCN Strategies full-time

Pros

PCN Strategies is full of opportunities. They give you the tools to become successful. Most of their clients are fortune 500 companies, and know exactly what they want in a future employee and PCN strategies always delivers that ideal candidate to them.

Most of the positions we work on are higher management roles (Managers, Director, VP, CXO) so it is exciting to be able to know that your candidate will be influencing another company so much, which is a motivator to stay late and close that deal!

On the business development side of things they have a great approach and know how and what to say to clients to earn their business. Their guarantees are one of the best in the industry, which is why so many clients are drawn to them.

The structure of the company is great. Upper management knows what they want out of each and every employee and expects them to work hard. They reward their employees with salary reviews, bonus', and more responsibilities. It's nice to know hard work does pay off.

Cons

Because of the industry, if you aren't closing deals then a rival company is. Typical hours are 8am-6pm (M, T, Th, F) and 8am-8:30pm (W). However no one ever leaves at 6, and working weekends is possibility as well. So you must be able to stay motivated and put in the work.

Other Employee Reviews for PCN Strategies

"Ask former employees what they think ..."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisitions Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PCN Strategies full-time

Pros

They are good with trying to attract business and have a lax dress code.

Cons

Forget about having a personal life as you are expected to work 50- 60 hour weeks. They are not honest about the expectations and work their people to the bare bones. The environment can be challenging and not a super professional environment. If you want a clear picture just ask any former employee what they think.

Advice to Management

Stop threatening to fire your employees every other day and try to build healthy relationships with your staff.

"Growing and Thriving Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at PCN Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you believe in yourself and are willing to work hard this is a great place to work given the unlimited earnings potential in filling our orders. You are paid a Guaranteed Base Salary + Commissions and given achievable and realistic quotas. Management recognizes employees that produce with Salary increases not just a pat on the back and plaque with your name on it. You are typically given a review for a Salary increase here every six months and if you reach your initial 90 day quota, you are given a salary increase.

This has happened consistently within our organization and there is never a shortage of orders to work on. 80% of our orders are very complex Direct Hire IT openings and 20% are complex Long-Term Contract IT roles that can go for 3-7yrs.

Every Recruiter is given a LinkedIn Recruiter Account to search for passive candidates and post positions. Each Recruiter can post up to 10 positions each on: LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, and Indeed.com.

Management recognizes the challenges these roles can pose to the success of the recruiters so they spare no expense in ensuring your success.

Feel free to check each of these sites and you'll see for yourself that we have real openings that management is spending what I can only imagine is a fortune to properly promote within the national IT Marketplace.

We're also able to search for candidates on each of these databases including Monster.com but we only have 3 postings there given the lack of responses we've gotten in the past posting with them.

Recruiting Meetings are usually done daily to ensure every recruiter is on the right path regarding their search.

The bottom line with this firm is: You're paid a Guaranteed Base Salary + Commissions ; You're given All the tools necessary to identify the best candidates for all our openings; and you're rewarded with actual salary increases when you reach your quotas each and every-time no questions asked!

Cons

IT Executive search is tough work. Our clients are usually large publicly traded companies so their expectations are high. Most of the roles are very complex Hybrid roles that require 3-4 individual specialties. The candidates our clients are looking for are 99.9% of the time passive candidates that won't apply to our ads so you've got to spend alot of time looking for them through good old fashion cold calling into companies and/or using the Social Media Recruiting Resources this company provides to find these candidates. Because of the difficulty in filling these roles our clients turn to us so we are typically getting an order that is usually 45+ days old minimum.

Advice to Management

Only Hire Recruiters and Sales Staff With IT Staffing and/or Executive Recruiting/Sales Experience with a Proven Track Record Of Success.