PLS Logistics Services - Account Executive | Glassdoor

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cranberry, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Cranberry, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Commission based position which allows you to earn what your worth. Level of effort is directly related to the paycheck that is collected. More casual environment than some places. Management has relaxed the dress code which is a plus. Management is also trying to keep moral positive by having contests, lunches, etc. We try to all find humor in our daily routines!

Cons

Commission based pay can be a con as well. Common fluctuations in the market and create ups and downs in your customer's daily shipments, which affect your pay. Lack of efficiency in other departments can be concerning when those departments are a part of your day to day. It would be nice to have a compensation plan to accomodate vacations and holidays. Hours can be long. If this is a first job out of college, it may be an "awakening". It is not easy.

Advice to Management

Continue to change as the industry dictates.

Other Employee Reviews for PLS Logistics Services

1. "Freight Broker"

Current Employee - Freight Broker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Freight Broker in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In this position, at this company, I feel like my potential is actually unlimited. Companies always say the potential is unlimited, but because of the training process and the compensation structure at PLS, I feel like I have opportunities here I would not have working somewhere else. The culture is clearly young, high energy and focused. It is so nice to work in a building with a group of people who actually care about doing an excellent job.
    We work at a fast pace, we learn at a fast pace and management knows the job requires intelligence and a strong work ethic so they invest personally and financially in the training process. If we do well, we are rewarded for performance.

The freight industry is inherently complex and stressful at times, but PLS does a good job of making this a fun place to work which keeps us motivated on tough days. Because the average age of brokers is relatively young we can generally relate to end enjoy our coworkers. We have a good time together and even though we work hard the energy is high and people tend to enjoy the work.
    The company is focused on finding managers within the ranks on the brokerage floor. It’s very nice to have a manager who has done your job well recently and can understand what your day to day looks like from personal experience. This also means that if I am successful in the position and show leadership among my peers, I am likely to have the opportunity to manage a team within a time frame that is relatively short compared to other companies I have worked for or interviewed with.
    I feel like this position with PLS is unique in the job market because it is one of the few entry level positions with a large company that a young person can find, with no background in the industry, that offers the opportunity to make a very substantial paycheck in a relatively short period of time. Also, I really believe that there is a ton of room for advancement and personal growth. I don’t think this is the job you take if you want to do the same thing every day or hide under the radar in some cubical. This is a job for confident people with the willingness to try new things, work hard and push themselves every day.

Cons

I have not experienced anything that makes me wish I didn't work here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep us pumped and let us run with it.

"IT Consulant"

Former Employee - IT Consultant in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at PLS Logistics Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company who pays well. Good location in Cranberry Township with convenient access to shops and dining. Right off the turnpike and 79.

Cons

High turnover throughout the company in every department. Company tends to have no strategic planning or has ineffective strategic planning. No lack of vision from an IT approach, very reactive environment.

Advice to Management

Understanding the economic climate employees who have been let go for "no fault" should receive some sort of severance if they have been there for over a year.