PLS Logistics Services - A good opportunity for some, not all. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PLS Logistics Services

"A good opportunity for some, not all."

Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay well for an entry-level sales position.

Cons

There is a not a lot of room for personal growth here. This is a good company for individuals who don't have a college degree or didn't go to the best school, but you won't fit in here if you attended a good college and are decently intelligent. You can do better than this place.

Other Employee Reviews for PLS Logistics Services

1. "Fun workplace with a lot of growth potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cranberry Twp, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the culture at PLS. There are a lot of young people and we all get along well. It is a team mentality, but at the end of the day we are all building our own book of business. The market is vast so there is a lot of potential for growth with unlimited earning potential, you just have to put in the work

Cons

It is a sales job, which certainly isn’t for everyone. It can be stressful at times as you are expected to make a lot of cold calls. But you get out what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and implement some of their suggestions, but also be open to criticism. People are our greatest asset.

"Fantastic Opportunity...IF you want it"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at PLS Logistics Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped commission is a real thing here (plus you are protected by the 'draw' system). No call lists or scripts, you decide who you want to call, when you want to call them, how you want to pitch PLS....you essentially run your own business and PLS provides you with the resources needed to do so. The people that make it here are self-motivated, hard workers. It is a very laid back environment which is nice when you need to unwind, but the people who ultimately fail here are the ones who spend all day taking advantage of that. The people who succeed here are the ones who bust their butt day in and day out and when they do need to cool down for a bit, PLS has the environment where that's acceptable.

Cons

The high turnover here scares a lot of people away, but its very simple: if you are good at your job, they keep you, if not they don't. I don't really see an issue with this. PLS is paying you to perform at a certain level, and if you don't why should they continue to employ you (just like any other job).

Advice to Management

The loose environment is nice, but it does need to tighten up at times.