PMA Capital - marketing | Glassdoor

"marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing and Procurement in Jakarta (Indonesia)
Current Employee - Marketing and Procurement in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at PMA Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

because i' like to interactive with all the people

Cons

hard to get closer to those who will not cooperate

Advice to Management

may be more developed

Other Employee Reviews for PMA Capital

1. "Great People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at PMA Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Fair Compensation.

Cons

Location is tough to get to not their fault.

Advice to Management

More work at home opportunities will attract a diverse workforce

"This is a terrible company--avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at PMA Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working with a group of people that are closer in drive and excitement to a pack of horses put out to pasture this is the company for you. If you aspire to live in an efficiency apartment and drive a 1992 KIA, you may be able to afford this extravagance through PMA's excellent compensation model. Finally, if you swear that it is 1954 and that employees are just cogs in a wheel that are meaningless, shouldn't be trained or promoted despite stellar performance and should be lied to from the interview process on, hurry up and apply to PMA. Seriously, it's that bad.

Cons

Honestly, I have never worked for an organization as poorly managed and as poorly equipped as PMA. I was recruited from a nice job in the finance industry to work here and was promised an exciting career and some upward mobility within the company. I understand that you need to work to be recognized and I was very willing to do so. After my first year I received a .7% raise. This effectively resulted in lower income in my second year as inflation in the US is higher than .7%. Still, I was promised that this would change and my hard work was noticed. After my second year, I received a 1% raise. In this time I was also promised assistance for an MBA program that I was encouraged to take. This never happened either. That was the final straw and I decided to move on to another career. But PMA wasn't done with me yet. Their HR claimed that I was over my accrued PTO because I had a family event that I couldn't miss. Not only did they not pay my final check, they also sent me an indecipherable legal letter demanding that I PAY THEM $250 or face legal action. This is unbelievable and is truly indicative of the way PMA treats, compensates, and tries to encourage career growth for its employees. Disgraceful. Finally, my own manager used to make fun of the company and its policies and would go on about how this dead end place is just a way to collect a paycheck with no aspirations for anything in the future.

Advice to Management

Hire a consultant to teach you how to run a business--it is 2017, not 1954 no matter how hard management tries to bring back the glory days. The company is not competitive and seems to try to take itself further down in the market by hiring garbage employees and not looking after those who can truly make a difference. Thankfully, I am independently wealthy but to many other employees of other circumstances, this type of treatment is catastrophic in the long run.