PMA Insurance Group - Best experience I have had working in the insurance industry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PMA Insurance Group

"Best experience I have had working in the insurance industry."

Current Employee - Senior Account Claims Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Account Claims Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

I work for PMA Management Corp (on the tpa side). Both PMA Management Corp and PMA Insurance Group have strong dedicated leaders that care about customers/ insureds and also employees. Management is great at sharing knowledge and information. Employees want to see PMA succeed because we are treated fairly. Senior management gets involved with getting to know the customers and employees. PMA's leaders are quick to respond to business needs and changes. All of this makes PMA a profitable company. Employees work normal 40 work weeks. PMA focuses on what is important and in the best interest of customers/ insureds and employees and does not micromanage employees or create a lot of busy work like I have found to be the case at other carriers. I have an amazing team of people that I work with. Not only are the people I work with highly skilled and great adjusters but they're also just really nice genuine people. It feels so good to come into work everyday and really like the people you work with. Most of the senior managers have been at PMA for most or all of their career (with many over 20 years) so the company does a great job at promoting from within.

Cons

The annual salary increases and bonuses could be better but aren't awful. But I would take working at PMA for slightly less pay over a poor working environment that pays slightly more.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing. I am very happy that I came to PMAMC and proud to be an employee. It was a great getting to meet with leaders and others in critical roles during the new employee orientation. Although it seems that no one has questions at the quarterly annual results meeting, employees appreciate the results that are shared with us.

Other Employee Reviews for PMA Insurance Group

"health insurance sales"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at PMA Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

smart sharp managers that help you best they can...good communication was the norm there...most weeks were 4 day weeks

Cons

cold calling people is the norm... a lot of work done in the open... farm houses and ranches..

Advice to Management

they do a pretty good job...maybe when new people are first training, take the first week all on ,doing the verbal sales presentation...they do practice a little in the morning and evening..

2. "Adjuster"

Pros

Good immediate manager.
    Clients are very easy to work with.
    Personable upper management.
    Reimburses continuing education.
    Some coworkers are great.

Cons

Raises less than cost of living adjustment.
    Subpar middle management.
    Hiring of immature and/or less skilled employees at same or better job titles.
    Little challenge.
    Hints of nepotism.
    Little room to grow.

Advice to Management

Hire quality new people. Don't allow unprofessional behavior to permeate group.