PNC Financial Services Group - Top performer had to leave to move forward with career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Top performer had to leave to move forward with career"

Current Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Licensed Financial Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great pay for the same job at other banks/firms. I was a top performer so my commissions and bonuses were over the average, but even without that the base salary was higher than other places.

Cons

Being a top performer after 2 years I started applying for other positions and was either "over qualified" or "under qualified" to move up in PNC.

Advice to Management

It took me one resume to another competitor and I was hired to the role that you said I wasn't able to do because there was no openings. Funny that there was room down the street for a top performer. Clean out all of the National City Senior Management... There is a reason that company failed... I approve of Jim Rohr and what PNC stands for but not here in Indiana.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Manager II in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager II in Columbus, OH

Pros

Nice benefits, employee focused management style. I really enjoy the culture of customer and employee engagement. I love the innovations in technology as well.

Cons

Retail branches in Columbus have high turnover which puts a lot of pressure on branch management to work additional hours. Work life balance is sometimes compromised.

Advice to Management

Starting pay for tellers is sub-par. It is difficult to keep good tellers in an environment where all competitors are paying $1-2 more per hour.

2. "overrated"

Current Employee - PNC ACCEL in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - PNC ACCEL in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good development program. High opportunity for growth. Advancement opportunity.

Cons

PNC is a very political company