PNC Financial Services Group - Doesn't take care of their Employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Doesn't take care of their Employees"

Current Employee - Financial Sale Consultant in Gurnee, IL
Current Employee - Financial Sale Consultant in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the logo and virtual wallet checking account . Pnc is great with customer service, they take great care of their customers and the online service is great !

Cons

the pay is not great at all, some employees haven't got a raise in three years and on Christmas we receive a calendar . Not a Special calendar, the same calendar we give to customers a week before we get our specially marked envelope with our name on it, calendar.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employee

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Financial Sales Consultant III"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant III in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant III in Washington, DC

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to build experience in all parts of banking.

Cons

Going to events to offer banking products and the people are rude to you.

Advice to Management

Look to develop niche talents of every FSC to capitalize on internal talent.

"Generally a mediocre experience thus far with hope for a better future."

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The benefits package is decent (not "great").
    -The opportunity for advancement DOES exist. I received my first promotion in less than the year they initially tell you that you need to be in a position to consideration for moving upward.
    -The organization is growing rapidly, and it's exciting to be part of what WILL be the nation's largest bank within a decade.
    -Lateral transfers are relatively easy to secure.
    -The organization is very progressive with respect to the benefits offered for LGBT individuals and our domestic partners.
    -The computer-based training and on-site training are both very informative.
    -The organization is very "green".
    -PNC is very committed to helping Pittsburgh achieve greatness in its latest renaissance; our new Downtown tower will really help to jump-start even more retail and housing growth there.
    -Many branch managers (not all) seem to be very effective in their roles and are great at engaging their teams.
    -I have great faith in the leadership capabilities of Jim Rohr and most other executives as we strive to make PNC a household name from Portland, ME to Portland, OR in the coming years.
    -We enjoy roughly 50% market share dominance in Pittsburgh, our home market.

Cons

-The salaries paid are below-average relative to other financial institutions, which encourages talent to jump ship to competitors once they have been well-groomed. Pittsburgh isn't THAT "dirt cheap" anymore.
    -Your vacation days don't roll over, yet you're not paid for them AND you often aren't able to take the time off given due to scheduling conflicts and staff shortages. Why even give us vacation time at all?
    -Requiring a branch to have an overall Gallup score of 4.87/5.00 in order for employees to share in a mediocre bonus is very Draconian. If a client is having a rough day or is just unhappy with PNC in general due to prior problems with other associates/branches they may give you a less than favorable ranking, and you are lambasted for this, even if you provided examplary service.
    -Instead of focusing on helping you to capitalize upon your strengths your weaknesses are magnified, and you are made to feel woefully inadequate. If I'm excellent at securing investment referrals but awful at generating successful loan business while my colleague is the inverse then why not prime us to each capitalize upon our respective strengths for the betterment of the branch to help EMPOWER us instead of making us feel worthless?
    -You are not given breaks and are often pressured to work through part of and/or interrupt your half-hour lunches to service clients so that they won't get mad about being in line and hurt our C.I.Q. scores, thereby making you look badly as an employee and ruining your chance at the quarterly C.I.Q. bonus. When you work a 9- or 10-hour day of non-stop sales that can be very draining.
    -Working Saturdays at other branches where the existing clientele resents you for not being a "regular" bank employee is never a pleasant experience.
    -You can't take computer-based training courses from home, and I can't focus on them at work when I'm interrupted by clients coming into the branch and walking up to my window every 30 seconds to get change for the parking meters.
    -It wasn't clearly-communicated to me that "cold-calling" was an active part of this role. I can sell anything to someone seated in front of me, but calling someone at random and having to engage them is something that's always made me feel very uneasy.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees as if we should be "grateful we have a job given the economy". You should be grateful to have US working hard to try to generate sales, enhance your bottom line, and recruit new business. Instead of paying us $20,000/year, not giving us breaks, making us feel guilty about taking vacation time, pressuring us to drop our PPOs in favor of a HDHP with a HSA to save money for you, etc. why not show us a bit of love every now and then? I love the organization overall, but I feel as if that love isn't reciprocated, which hurts inside. It really does.