PNC Financial Services Group - Don't go on medical leave. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Don't go on medical leave."

Former Employee - Trust Securities Vault Custodian in Cleveland, OH
Former Employee - Trust Securities Vault Custodian in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a lot of work perks for people who work in Wealth Management that other sections of the bank do not receive.

Cons

Working at National City was great until PNC took over. They treat their employees like slaves. After 10 years of service, which included many awards, extra raises and much praise, I was forced into quitting after my return from medical leave. After I quit so I wouldn't end up in an institution, I have heard many stories just like mine. PNC likes to force people to quit so they don't have to pay.

Advice to Management

Do your job and address the issue's at hand instead of overlooking them or telling the employee to take care of it yourself. You're paid to be a manager, so act like one! And when an employee is unhappy and applies for their old job, don't block them from changing jobs because u lost 6 already.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Getting your foot in the door"

Pros

Large stable company with a lot of latteral movement possibilities, fair benefits packages, tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Lower than average compensation compared to competitors, set yearly compensation increase caps and new placement increase caps. Most have to leave and get hired back to get a salary increase that is competitive for their job title. If you get your foot in the door, depending on the department, you can get title increases but not much compensation.

Advice to Management

Develop your employees who have invested in your organization and compensate them for their efforts and contributions. Don't treat them like a number.

2. "Great Bank"

Current Employee - Banker in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is very good compared to other banks

Cons

Slow to grasp current technology

Advice to Management

give more guidance