PNC Financial Services Group - Care about development at PNC group | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Care about development at PNC group"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

try to engage employees and worklife balance hours are decent

Cons

policies, procedures can become tiresome

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Still trying to figure it out....Excited until I heard the Salary Amount"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've heard great things and love the achievements of awards and accolades. As a parent I am grateful for a company with a work life balance. I like the fact that value their employees enough to want to make sure they receive as much training as possible.

Cons

I just got in to the company so I have not been able to really say anything that I may not like. I pretty much like everything right now except the pay. The pay could be more competitive. I did not like the tough negotiating they do not budge on salary.

Advice to Management

For people who are vital components of the bank they should have a higher base pay grade because they are the face, representation of the bank and they are responsible for customer retention.

"Heartless Company who over works and under pays employees"

Current Employee - Universal Banker in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Universal Banker in Naperville, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

The only pro about about PNC is.....well, there isn't any...

Cons

They hire you as a part time teller and work you full time hours without the benefits. Takes a long time to get a full time position.Everyone quit leaving minimal tellers and absolutely no bankers. They expect you to work 45 to 57 hours a weeks and maintain a positive attitude. They dump work on you that you were not trained to do because everyone quit. And they don't compensate you for the added responsibility you are given. You are paid just a little over minimum wage. They sit in their cushy office while they watch you work your butt off, but don't hesitate to get angry if the CIQ tanks. Over worked, understaffed and underpaid. They tell you if you want more money then get more referrals. Kinda hard to do when you are so short staffed that you have customers yelling at you. Very negative work environment. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy. DO NOT APPLY at PNC, you will live to regret it.

Advice to Management

Take a good hard look at why everyone is quitting and do something about it. Stop micro managing. Stop saying one thing and then do the opposite. To many chiefs and not enough indians. A lot of corporate BS, they only are about how much money goes into their pockets.