PNC Financial Services Group - Care about development at PNC group | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Care about development at PNC group"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

try to engage employees and worklife balance hours are decent

Cons

policies, procedures can become tiresome

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Still trying to figure it out....Excited until I heard the Salary Amount"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've heard great things and love the achievements of awards and accolades. As a parent I am grateful for a company with a work life balance. I like the fact that value their employees enough to want to make sure they receive as much training as possible.

Cons

I just got in to the company so I have not been able to really say anything that I may not like. I pretty much like everything right now except the pay. The pay could be more competitive. I did not like the tough negotiating they do not budge on salary.

Advice to Management

For people who are vital components of the bank they should have a higher base pay grade because they are the face, representation of the bank and they are responsible for customer retention.

2. "What you read/see is NOT what you get."

Current Employee - Platform/Partner in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Platform/Partner in Chicago, IL

Pros

The reason I joined PNC was because of their reputation for taking care of their employees and clients.
    The other employees (excluding management) are so incredibly nice.

Cons

Serious leadership problems at many levels. Employees are given direction from several different management sources (a lot of dotted line relationships), and no one wants to achieve the goal the same way, so you are being pulled everywhere, Many managers are very resistent to change and working with the partners (Mortgage, Investment, Business). No team work. Conversations between management and platform and teller is NOT encouraged or really allowed. So, issues are really never resolved. Managements stress level is very high creating a very negative work environment. Training on their Seibel computer system is sub-par. They don't even have a guide of key codes that we need to know to do our jobs and process service requests for our clients. Also, their CRM system has never really been used before so there is no documentation/history on clients. Managers do not have the backs of their employees, they are all to scared of getting a bad CIQ score. Presently they are getting rid of most of the remaining National City employees. Being that Illinois is a fire at will state, it makes it easy. The EIQ is a farce. Because each branch is staffed with a small amount of employees, no one provides honest answers to the Gallup Poll Surveys they do, for fear of being identified and hence fired. Thus, changes to management are rarely made. This was the worst move I ever made.

Advice to Management

Just because you train a manager on Human Sigma, and they can demonstrate in front of you they can do it, does not mean that they are implementing it with their team. Too much management and not enough room to be who you are and perform the job function. Most important, the PNC culture that is in Pittsburgh never made it to the Chicago area. Very Sad. I had high expectations.