PNC Financial Services Group - very good company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good pay and benefits, opportunity for growth, nice culture, diversity is encouraged. community involvement. very good ethics

Cons

not much training offered. uses old technology, slow to change, too much red tape. Not very good work from home benefits

Advice to Management

improve technology training, adopt latest technologies faster

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Bottom line driven but fair"

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice co-workers, nearly every single person I have come in contact with are friendly and open.
    A moderate risk profile: they will never end up in the headlines.
    Driven by sales and revenue

Cons

Pay is less than I could be making elsewhere
    Some upper management are a bit institutionalized and not open to change

Advice to Management

Fresh ideas, take some chances.

"Financially healthy, culturally disturbing."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PNC is a fiscally responsible company, and the mortgage division is starting to follow the lead of its parent company. Operationally, the mortgage company has realized that it needs to drastically improve processing, underwriting, and servicing to stand out from the crowd, particularly in its new markets. And it has taken solid, measurable steps to do this.

The company truly is customer-focused and executives really do care about giving the customers the best possible experience available. Employees will readily admit this.

The new CEO of PNC Mortgage says time and time again that he wants to build the best mortgage operations in the industry. While I can't say whether this is possible, I do believe that he is driven to accomplish this.

Cons

In spite of the new CEO, corporate culture is abysmal. From the executives to their assistants, one would be hard-pressed to find a group of angrier people. The finger-pointing and refusal to help out colleagues is astounding. Never have I worked somewhere and heard the phrase "That's not my job" spoken so freely.

The few stars stand out brightly against the very dark sky of PNC Mortgage, and my hope is that they will one day - soon - run the show.

Advice to Management

There is so much potential in this little mortgage operation - TAKE IT! Create that company you say you believe in.

Pay attention to those core values and really ask yourselves if you are doing everything you can to create a healthy work environment. You can give out Gallup awards and shout "Quality of Life" to the rafters, but listen to your employees - they are not happy. Happy people do not stick around, and there is plenty of competition.

The greater the distance between core values and your own behavior, the less likely your employees will be to believe in you. And if they don't believe in you, they won't believe in the company.

Corporate employees are much happier with their jobs. Why not find out what Bill Demchak is doing better?