PNC Financial Services Group - Good Company, Bad Pay | Glassdoor

"Good Company, Bad Pay"

Current Employee - FSC in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Current Employee - FSC in Port Saint Lucie, FL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great balance between work and home

Cons

They don't pay very much!

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "PNC cares about it employees"

Current Intern - Risk Management Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Intern - Risk Management Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

the culture at PNC is amazing, they realize the need for a work/life balance, and everyone strives to succeed. Very team oriented

Cons

as an intern, there were times with no work

2. "Not a bad job, but there are better banks to work for"

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a fair amount of work/life balance. My manager truly strived to give us time off for doctor's appointments, family needs, etc, but they weren't always able to. To be fair, this is branch-dependent.

PNC does seem to care a lot about employee involvement, cooperation, and dedication. They don't always back it up with action, but they do seem to care.

There are good benefits for part-time workers.

Your schedule may change weekly, but you know exactly how many hours you're working, which is important for pay stability.

Cons

Sometimes, the two "sides" (tellers and platform employees) don't get along, and can be blamed for each others' mistakes. Again, this is somewhat branch-dependent, but the very nature of the setup makes this kind of thing likely.

Part-timers only get 2.5 days of vacation time a year.

Their performance reviews are unrealistic. A score of 4.5 out of 5 is considered to be, in the words of my manager, "awful." And if you get a customer at a bad time or if they were really angry, your branch's average could be affected for months.

The pay is much less per hour than what other banks pay.

We're told to refer to online policies and procedures, but many of these are missing or in strange locations.

Not much upward or even sideways mobility. All of us at the branch had applied for other in-company jobs multiple times, and only one worker was ever able to transfer (to another section of the company entirely).

Advice to Management

Fix the online policies and procedures, and offer better pay to your employees. It's worth it for what you ask of them.