PNC Financial Services Group - unorganized group of sub groups who don't work well together and love to waste money | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"unorganized group of sub groups who don't work well together and love to waste money"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really can't think of many pros to list. sorry.

Cons

business units are so unorganized.
technology isn't managed efficiently
money is wasted every day because the project teams don't take time to dig in to the details of large projects/buildouts/buyouts/etc. true needs aren't evaluated and money is just thrown out the window

Advice to Management

Dig in to projects. Find out where all your money is going. Example : business unit was acquired and a consultant was paid to come out an analyze how many MFD print devices we needed. She decided we needed 4 medium-large MFDS (2 color) on each floor. 85% of employees were laid off, which was planned and known about, two weeks later (as their date arrived). This was known, yet the devices were still leased and not used as a result. TOTAL waste of money. Also, old hardware was picked up and disposed of instead of being recycled or sold/donated. Company that was used to do pickup damaged equipment as they "collected" it, didn't even care.
Technology is so spread out that nothing is consistent. Processes are processes on top of processes. 3 out of 6 steps to get a form/request approved are completed unnecessary as they're simply redundant. need some major reworking.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Best bank I've ever worked for!"

Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PNC as a whole truly cares about its employees' engagement and job satisfaction. The great thing is, you're surveyed twice annually and PNC takes your responses very seriously. They want to make sure your development is encouraged, your opinions count and that you have everything you need to do your job the best that you can. On the other hand, they also care about the customers -- they do not product push and you are never forced to put your customers into products that they don't need. It's all very personalized and needs-based.
    The benefits are good, you get plenty of paid time off/vacation and sick pay -- with the option to "purchase" an additional week of vacation.
    Training is amazing. They have awesome facilitators who care about the success of each person they train.
    Overall, I love this bank. I never would have left if it weren't for my family's relocation. I highly suggest you give them a try!

Cons

To me, there are positively no cons. PNC is a great place to work!

Advice to Management

I've worked in various regions of PNC and from my own experience, this is my feedback: Get the newly acquired RBC regions and branches all on the same PNC page. It's vastly different when you go from PA PNC to southern PNC.

2. "Overall good company"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Brecksville, OH
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Brecksville, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Spent time in Michigan and Ohio. Senior leadership 'get's it' in my opinion. They are headed in the right direction for the most part.

Cons

In Ohio office was so focused on making everyone 'feel good' that they lost their way. Its great to have employee engagement but not at the expense of the mission of the business.

Advice to Management

Refocus on what's really important. Move your good talent within to better positions. Don't be so eager to look outside.