PNC Financial Services Group - I had a lot of fun working with clients, and overall professional development was good | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"I had a lot of fun working with clients, and overall professional development was good"

Former Employee - Teller in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Teller in Washington, DC

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give lots of training to the customer service representative position, and help you implement new technologies as things progress.

Cons

Our technology was often outdated and we suffered from a lot of downtime, especially during rush times. I still see this is an issue as a customer.

Advice to Management

Invest in better technologies than what has been previously used; though retail banking isn't the most profitable aspect of financial services, it is the face that most people will see.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Depends on your Manager"

Pros

It's a Good place to work

Cons

Depends on your branch /location

2. "Great organization, hard sales goals."

Current Employee - Business Banking Sales Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Banking Sales Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PNC is a growing and innovative company. They have made big investments in technology, award-winning online banking platforms, their Treasury Management capabilities for business are some of the best in the U.S. They have acquired a number of financial institutions recently and are now focusing on organic growth. A newer area of attention for them is in institutional investments and private wealth. Benefits-wise they still have a matching 401k.

Cons

The pay grades are on the lower end of the scale and the sales goals for bonuses increase greatly each year. Their employee health insurance is not very good. Depending on your department there is not much help with mentoring or acquiring an advocate. Sales-wise there are set areas, but branches will undercut your clients and not refer to you.

Advice to Management

Nurture inside talent.