PNC Financial Services Group - Mixed. It started out OK and just got worse. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Mixed. It started out OK and just got worse."

Current Employee - Teller I in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Teller I in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a decent benefits package that includes healthcare, a 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Because of high turnover, you can move up rather quickly.

Cons

Constant staffing issues that require employees to work through lunches, come in early, stay late, rush through their jobs trying to get things done within policy but often leading to mistakes and a salary that doesn't make up for the work load and stress.

Advice to Management

Step into the branches more often and require all employees to learn the basics. When management can't run a cash drawer but are telling other people how to do it, it is insulting. Pay people what they're worth, it will reduce the current high turnover you have. What's worse, constantly having to train someone for a new position, then having them learn it over the course of six months to a year, or paying your current good employees a little bit more so they don't feel encouraged to leave by salary policies that cap their pay and raises?

Your current policies lead to staffing issues, that cause those employees to be overworked, make errors and cause further losses for the bank. The errors or lack of a fully engaged employee then causes customer dissatisfaction that leads them to taking their business elsewhere. The bottom line is, quit being cheap, it's costing you money.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Great Experience, Not so great HR managment"

Former Intern - Business Systems Analyst Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - Business Systems Analyst Intern in Cleveland, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Easy to get along with Managers
    -Great people in the department

Cons

-HR seems disconnected with departments

"Stagnant in compensation unless you are management."

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Some small level of employee appreciation.

Cons

Lack of career paths. No transparency into bonus (if eligible). Stagnant compensation. Lack of understanding of competitive market pay. Pay ranges with no clear visibility into moving up other than to hold you in your range year after year.

Advice to Management

There should be clear defined career paths. Internal candidates should be given higher consideration, even if training is needed if they express and interest. Too many times have I and my co-workers been turned down for advancement only to have someone hired in from outside. If you want to retain your talent give them the chance to shine. Transparency into raises and bonus (if applicable). In the past 6 years I have gotten less in raises than one year's cost of living difference. Employees who are not managers or above make less now than they did 6 years ago due to cost of living yet we are supposed to be happy we got .5% increase, while managers and above are getting 25% bonuses. The bank is generating stellar profits year after year. We should all share in that not just upper management, while we get an appreciation week and a screwdriver kit as a thanks.