PNC Financial Services Group - Unprofessional Management, Lacking leadership skills. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Unprofessional Management, Lacking leadership skills."

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Bank Teller in Fairfax, VA

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The recruiter was a very nice woman. Some co-workers were very nice to work with. Clean work environment.

Cons

The management staff had no leadership skills no matter which branch you went to. No one showed their true selves. It was hard to ask for help from upper management because they wouldn't just answer your question, they would put you down first and then decide to help you out. The managers expected new employees to learn on their own, they were not helpful. PNC is all about customer service and making the employees happy, but with both managers, I did not see much assistance or courteous acts. The company just wanted accounts and the customer out the door. Pay was low and raises did not occur often.

Advice to Management

They need to be taught better leadership skills and actually listen to their employees rather than put them down.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Financial Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place for someone first getting into the business of sales and service. Good training program and very in depth

Cons

Low pay, product pushing, management clueless. Turnover is one of the worst I have ever seen. Do not appreciate employees and basically only care about paying the lowest posiible salary possible and forget about raises. Becoming a financial institution of product pushing and not what is best for the customer. Alot of telemarketing calls to clients and non clients. My manager is totally clueless and is with the bank for over 5 years. She still cant do the simple transactions you learn on day one. Yet I am constantly receiving negative criticism in my role because I cant meet their product pushing sales goals. I was happy with my prior bank until PNC took over. PNC gives you no respect, no raises, no nothing but you are responsible for training all new employees including the manager on a daily basis because she cant retain anything. Discrimination is horrible in this company. Upper management basically ignores your concerns. There is just too much negative about this company that I have witnessed in my past 11 years. I could write a best selling novel.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better instead of constant negative criticism try to give positive feedback. Sales and goals are outrageous and when it comes to annual reviews if you dont meet all your goals no raise. Pathetic!

"OK company to work for but very strong corporate culture... lots of cool-aid drinking."

Current Employee - Private Client Group Relationship Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable requests from all employees

Cons

they have too many meetings on a weekly basis.

Advice to Management

be real and stop the mind games. "What can I do for you? What do you need from me?"