PNC Financial Services Group - Best bank I've worked for in my 13 years in the business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Best bank I've worked for in my 13 years in the business"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in East Orange, NJ
Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in East Orange, NJ

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PNC is not a widget driven bank. They are a relationship driven bank. I know every bank says that, but the PNC strategy truly exemplifies this. They have an eco-system of business partners that works together to reach branch goals. At many banks, you don't know who your business partners are; you'll often only see them once or twice a year. This is not the case at PNC. They are extremely accessible. Good overall culture. I've never once been asked "How many checking accounts did you open today?", which is rare for a bank. PNC is truly committed to the entire financial relationship.

Cons

Same challenges exist at PNC that exist in all commercial retail banks. Aggressive sales goals with a very slim work-force. Also, there's been a strong push to get clients to use the ATM, online, and mobile banking which will essentially make brick and mortar banking centers obsolete.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Must see"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and strong reputation in the community.

Cons

Way to many dead end jobs with not nearly enough career jobs, and its extremely hard to advance within the company if you didn't intern with the company. Choose your position wisely.

Advice to Management

Start opening the door to internal employee's regardless of what line of business they work in.

2. "PNC has a great culture but negotiate hard prior to accepting a position."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity, interesting people, benefits are good, good overall organization...the branch network is a decent place to start if you would like to work in banking but have no/little experience.

Cons

Individual comp generally does not rise much over time, bureaucracy can slow development efforts, risk management is a double edged sword