PNC Financial Services Group - Great Place to work!!! | Glassdoor

"Great Place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Ambassador in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Sales Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Life Balance being able to work when at work and be home when at home. Great hours and a lot of room for growth within company.

Cons

Currently there is a lot of turn over. I would say changing staff is currently a challenge.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Great place to learn."

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Requires long hours and perfection.

Cons

Working with local management. Management will do what ever it takes to make themselves look good. They do not care about employees.

"Look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Work-life balance is ok. Except not flexible. Management expects you to be in your seat 8 hours a day. Compared to other industries 8 hours a day is good, but management makes it hard to take doctor's appointments and run errands and make up the time.

Cons

Terrible raises, in a banner year at PNC a good raise is 2%. My manager told me she tried to give me a 2% raise but leadership cut my raise to 0.6%. I don't trust my manager. I received a "Meets All Expectations" at my year end review. In my development meeting with my manager, I asked them how I could get a better rating next year and what I needed to do to get promoted. Their response was that I was doing a great job and I just need to keep doing what i'm doing. There is no framework in place to understand how to get promoted or how to increase your raises. It is all up to the discretion of your manager.

Internal politics is so frustrating. Department Directors fight with each other instead of cooperating to get work done.

Vacation time expires each year and you cannot roll over unused time. I have a family and it makes it difficult to plan vacations because I need to have some reserve vacation time in case a child gets sick. PNC needs to move to PTO give people more vacation and allow indviduals to roll over at least 1 week of vacation per year.

Advice to Management

Middle Managers need serious training on how to be effective and develop employees. Technology is terrible, PNC work computers are still operating on Windows XP and Office 2007. And Lotus notes email versus Microsoft outlook.