PNC Financial Services Group - Extremely negative environment/culture | Glassdoor

"Extremely negative environment/culture"

Current Employee - Financial Specialist
Current Employee - Financial Specialist

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Pay seems to be fair. No complaints on my part.

Cons

Extremely negative. Lots and lots of "coaching" which is nothing more than continous and incessant berating at employees of all levels. "Do you want fries-i mean credit card
 with that? Be prepared to be that obnoxious if you are in the branch. Management watches and measures every move you make. Never make a decision on your own or use any initiative if you want to remain safe. I havent experienced this much oversight since i was 4. Complexity of processes is off the chart. Example: 18 pages of instructions for taking an investment deposit. Did I mention the negativity srrounding the culture here? I guess i did, well let me repeat it. Are you an extremely docile and obedient lap dog then you might fit in here. If you have a backbone and can work without continous supervision then go somewhere else. This place is a serious affront to my values.

Advice to Management

Get rid of most of the managers. Maybe without their "help" work could actually get done. The managers that are left hopefully will have a spine but it is rare in this environment.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "CSA"

Pros

Good people. Inviting atmosphere. Great on-boarding.

Cons

Low, LOW pay. Competitive sales environment.

"Not very Good"

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant (FSC)
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant (FSC)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours and work-life balance

Cons

The pay is awful, they do not promote individuals that want to move up with the company. At times certain regions are very discriminatory toward different races and pay.

Advice to Management

The detroit market would be so much better if we start evaluating the leadership that is in place. If you want to know whats going on in this region talk to your employees.