PNC Financial Services Group - Extremely negative environment/culture | Glassdoor

"Extremely negative environment/culture"

Current Employee - Financial Specialist
Current Employee - Financial Specialist

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Pay seems to be fair. No complaints on my part.

Cons

Extremely negative. Lots and lots of "coaching" which is nothing more than continous and incessant berating at employees of all levels. "Do you want fries-i mean credit card
 with that? Be prepared to be that obnoxious if you are in the branch. Management watches and measures every move you make. Never make a decision on your own or use any initiative if you want to remain safe. I havent experienced this much oversight since i was 4. Complexity of processes is off the chart. Example: 18 pages of instructions for taking an investment deposit. Did I mention the negativity srrounding the culture here? I guess i did, well let me repeat it. Are you an extremely docile and obedient lap dog then you might fit in here. If you have a backbone and can work without continous supervision then go somewhere else. This place is a serious affront to my values.

Advice to Management

Get rid of most of the managers. Maybe without their "help" work could actually get done. The managers that are left hopefully will have a spine but it is rare in this environment.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "CSA"

Pros

Good people. Inviting atmosphere. Great on-boarding.

Cons

Low, LOW pay. Competitive sales environment.

"Stalled"

Current Employee - Wealth Management in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Wealth Management in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong bank that is very compliance focused

Cons

No room to grow. Career opportunities within the company don't really exist.

Advice to Management

To attract and retain top talent, you need to offer a competitive pay scale and promote from within.