PNC Financial Services Group - Everyone needs to read this | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Everyone needs to read this"

Current Employee - Anonymous
Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time

Pros

Great co-workers. The branch I work at is very casual, and that's why a lot of our clients love us. Steady part-time hours and decent starting pay (for someone who has had no prior experience in banking). No such thing as a night shift.

Cons

This part is what everyone needs to read. Pnc bank is starting to turn into Bank of America, wells fargo, and chase bank. They implemented high referral goals, and they're putting tons of pressure on branch managers to ensure their staff meet those goals. So what does that mean? It means we have to hound almost every client about some product that they don't need in order for us to get referrals. If you're about to start working at PNC, then I hope you're a good salesman. Also, if you're a full-time college student (like me), then have fun trying to learn about every PNC product along with doing your massive amounts of schoolwork and studying. Another thing you will have to worry about (as a college student) is studying for the 2 exams you have coming up for class and meeting your sales quota for PNC.
Here's everything in a nutshell: If you want to become a salesman, this job is the right job for you. However, If you don't want to become a salesman......

....then good luck.

Advice to Management

For the love of Zeus, stop trying to be like Bank of America. We're the 5th largest bank in the United States, and if you all cared about the clients and not about shareholders and money, then your employees would be happier.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Good Learning Opportunity"

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time

Pros

Opportunity to learn new technologies, pay, and being made to feel you are part of the company.

Cons

Technology is dated and infrastructure is lacking. Progress is being made, but there is ways to go. In technology the direction to move into management is targeted towards moving into a Project Manager role before being able to move into a management role.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and support them. A lot of change is in process in how technology is being driven.

"Good at fist, but after a few years it was terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

They allow a Felxible work environment

Cons

Hiring people from outside the bank with a higher salary. Hard to advance. Better off leaving and coming back to make a decent salary

Advice to Management

Pay the people you have if you want good workers to stay