PNC Financial Services Group - Learning Experience. | Glassdoor

"Learning Experience."

Former Employee - Mortgage Operations Processor
Former Employee - Mortgage Operations Processor

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is great. Everyone comes to work wanting to perform to the best of their ability. The management staffs ensures that for personal growth and development. While I worked there I did not experience any drama, clicks, any of the components that bring down work environment.

Incentive/Bonuses for performance makes you want to go the extra mile. They're worth every effort to obtain.

Salaries are great.

Cons

Extremely High turnover. Unobtainable goals at times. Very stressful for anyone pursuing a career as a loan processor, Mortgage Loan Officer, Closer or Underwriter.

Changing policy and procedures almost every day.

The training provided taught me absolutely nothing. As a result, I struggled to perform my job responsibilities having no prior experience processing residential mortgage loans.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

1. "Experience"

Pros

Lots of exposure, many leadership opportunities, solid place to work and start a career, most people are great/easy to work with

Cons

Some employees aren't paid well, very competitive in the Chicago market because it is a growth market

Advice to Management

Compensate employees for their talent, there is more talent within the company than you may think

2. "It was a fun loving, upbeat experience."

Former Employee - In Store Financial Consultant
    Former Employee - In Store Financial Consultant

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pension plan, good benefits (after 30 days), uniform provided and recognition within the company when doing well.

Cons

No growth potential (a level of management has been removed), too many promises and no action, low pay for the position market wise, unrealistic goal settings..

Advice to Management

Support the 5 or so staff members you have, stop making promises that can't be kept, get to know the goals of your staff so that you can coach and lead them to what ever future position they are interested in.