PNC Financial Services Group - I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company."

Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

Cons

I am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Advice to Management

Don't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

"Everyone needs to read this"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time

Pros

Great co-workers. The branch I work at is very casual, and that's why a lot of our clients love us. Steady part-time hours and decent starting pay (for someone who has had no prior experience in banking). No such thing as a night shift.

Cons

This part is what everyone needs to read. Pnc bank is starting to turn into Bank of America, wells fargo, and chase bank. They implemented high referral goals, and they're putting tons of pressure on branch managers to ensure their staff meet those goals. So what does that mean? It means we have to hound almost every client about some product that they don't need in order for us to get referrals. If you're about to start working at PNC, then I hope you're a good salesman. Also, if you're a full-time college student (like me), then have fun trying to learn about every PNC product along with doing your massive amounts of schoolwork and studying. Another thing you will have to worry about (as a college student) is studying for the 2 exams you have coming up for class and meeting your sales quota for PNC.
    Here's everything in a nutshell: If you want to become a salesman, this job is the right job for you. However, If you don't want to become a salesman......

....then good luck.

Advice to Management

For the love of Zeus, stop trying to be like Bank of America. We're the 5th largest bank in the United States, and if you all cared about the clients and not about shareholders and money, then your employees would be happier.

"Wish I had started on this track years ago!"

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Decatur, IL

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, nice helpful friendly coworkers who are not gossips, branch manager that is fair and cares about work ethics.

Cons

Not any that are solo horrible to mention

Advice to Management

Bring up more worthy and professional minorities and women up in the ranks of senior management. Don't be afraid to promote from within!