PNM Resources - TX Takeover Ruined the Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PNM Resources

"TX Takeover Ruined the Company"

Former Employee - Program Analyst in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Program Analyst in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at PNM Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits
Market Pay
Educational Assistance
Enjoyed working with most of my colleagues

Cons

Lost their loyalty to NM employees when TX came to town
Very political and cliche-ish
No recognition for finishing your degree, Bachelors or Masters

Advice to Management

Get rid of the IT Management - they only look good because they expect folks to work 24/7.

People will work their hearts out if they feel that their manager and the company at least pretends to care about them. This company doesn't even pretend anymore.

They only like the people who are willing to sacrifice their personal time to work because there is so much work to do and not enough people to do it.

Other Employee Reviews for PNM Resources

1. "PNM Resources headed in wrong direction"

I worked at PNM Resources full-time

Pros

Was a very good company until new management. Worked in organization for many years until management expanded and tried to grow too fast.

Cons

Company moral and management style got so bad I decided to go else where. Management not looking for what is best for company, but to line their own pockets.

"Senior Management is a problem"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Employees at Director Level and below worked hard and worked together to make the company a great place to work. Environment was team oriented with celebrated success across the company and there used to be company organized events with the focus on helping the community.

Cons

Senior Management failed to move the company into a profitable direction and started hacking up the company to make the books look good. Instead of building up, it became years of tear-down and layoffs in a very poor economy. People who should have been let go due to lack of performance were kept and good people and knowledge walked to the door. IT was outsourced to India and the place is falling apart. Management gets a huge bonus but the employees and customers pay the price. Its really unfortunate. Change Senior Management now before there isn't anything left.

Advice to Management

Stop the greed and start giving back to the people and community you serve--you'll live a happier life. We're all given a slim opportunity to make something of ourselves and, in the end, we aren't measured by how much wealth we've acquired but what we've done for our fellow man. The work is always going to be there but its the employees you've helped along the way that really matter.