PODS - A job | Glassdoor

"A job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Clearwater, FL

I worked at PODS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Non stop call after call for hours at a time.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for PODS

"Fails all of its employees especially Drivers"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PODS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work
    Local runs in the county

Cons

Low pay in San Diego. Doesn't maintain vehicles, offices or warehouse. Expects drivers to risk their license driving vehicles that should be out of service. Management doesn't listen and doesn't know the law or chooses to ignore them. I made it two weeks before realizing. They only pay $14/hr. Not enough to risk your license. Ask employees to pay into a pot because company can't take care of its employees. Cuts pay when it feels like it. Would rather be taken to ED than fix the company. Risk of losing license is great because of management.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees
    Train everyone on California laws
    change management
    Maintain equipment
    pay the going rate

"A down hill spiral"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at PODS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of overtime, advancement opportunites, decent base pay.

Cons

It saddens me to have to write a poor review for this company because not 6 months ago I was singing it's praises. Not only did they take a borderline impossible attendance policy and make it harder they also cut our bonus by more than half. The company is definately not going broke with 100 mile moves costing in the thousands so I don't get it. I feel like they are trying to anger us, trying to see just how far they can push. They give PTO and floating holidays but then deny requests "due to business needs" all the time, it doesn't matter how far in advance you ask if it isn't December you aren't going anywhere. By the time it is said and done I will have the whole month of December off paid so maybe I will get happy then. I could go on and on but I will just say that my awesome job has turned to crap since December

Advice to Management

Fire the new guy. He made some terrible decisions that have made for some extremely unhappy employees. Cutting the pay of your good employees to make room for the mediocre ones to get paid is a horrible logic. And for god's sake have ACTUAL supervisors answer the supervisor phone. Please, Im begging. Calling a supe line and getting an agent who has been here less time than I and having to explain why they are wrong is so frustrating I can't even explain. I would love to not have to call 8 times to get a discount above 10% "Oh jee, sorry I only have the same ability as you if not less. Better luck next time is not a response I need to hear.