POP - Excellent talent and fantastic opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for POP

"Excellent talent and fantastic opportunities."

Current Contractor - Senior Designer in Boston, MA
Current Contractor - Senior Designer in Boston, MA

I have been working at POP as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

• I've worked with POP as a remote freelance senior designer on and off since 2011. I've worked with many other agencies (large and small) and POP is honestly one of my favorites to work with. They nail it on both a team member and a project level.

• There are some amazing Art and Creative Directors that know how to motivate and inspire. Mind-blowing work comes out of these collaborations. I get fired up and inspired working with these people. It's what makes me love my job.

• I've had some killer opportunities to work on cool projects with fun clients.

• POP has always treated me well. I get paid on time per our contract.

Cons

95% of the time the POP team members are fantastic at their jobs. Being a remote contract designer, stellar communication is essential. In general, PMs are amazing schedulers and communicators. Same for Art Directors. However, every once in awhile I come across someone that isn't up to snuff, but it's few and far between.

Advice to Management

The POP Star awards are brilliant. It is very rewarding to receive one. I love that contractors can earn them too. I'd love to get feedback from my team members on what I can improve so that I make sure I'm at the top of my game to get more work with POP.

Other Employee Reviews for POP

"A great agency for contract/freelance work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at POP as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Very good list of clients and projects
    - Contractor pay rate is competitive
    - Collaborative work environment when working on user experience solutions.
    - PM’s are almost always top notch and manage communications very well.
    - HR and Project sourcing is very reliable, flexible
    - One of the few top-tier marketing agencies that supports remote working for senior-level contractors

Cons

- Team members occasionally isolate outside contractors from full project engagement.
    - Assigned projects can get delayed/moved on short notice. A few are resourced incorrectly, and you’re never utilized for work. These events force a contractor like myself to scramble or double book in the future to make up for the difference.
    - Like other agencies, you may find yourself having to crank out a lot of deliverables in an extremely short timespan to meet expectations set by the company. It’s the job, but it can be a “con” if it’s continuous.

Advice to Management

I’ve been working for POP for quite a long time as an outside contractor. Generally I’ve been pretty happy working for them. I hope they consider expanding their capabilities with remote working in the future, especially for international project opportunities.

"A good experience if you know what you're getting yourself into"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at POP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office
    Fun people
    Big name clients

Cons

Clicky - Feels like high school at times
    Pay is average
    More concerned with bringing work in than turning excellent work out

Advice to Management

Better reward your long term employees before they leave for greener pastures.