PPC - Overall very positive...if you give help, others help you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PPC

"Overall very positive...if you give help, others help you."

Pros

There is a lot of change going on...some bad, some good. On the good side, there is a new focus on technology services. I see this as positive since that is how the company grew in the first place. Change has brought in some new blood...while allowing exsting staff the opportunity to step up. From what I read, the new Global CEO in London has experience with technology firms, unlike previous Global CEO. New PPC CEO is also from a tech firm...so maybe this will help us get back on track (i.e. start winning again). He is getting involved in the business...that is a good thing (he knows what we do). You are likely to see him walking the halls talking to folks.

Cons

There is currently a lot of change and it is causing stress throughout the organization. Communication could be better, but my hunch is there is no conspiracy to hide things from us...senior mgmt may not know everything given the changes at the parent (AEA). Maybe the biggest drag on morale is not knowing exactly what is going to happen...but then again, things are tough everywhere. My friends in other firms talk about the exact same things I complain about here. We don't seem to have a concrete path forward yet...that is causing stress.

Advice to Management

Focus on what the firm does best (technology services), develop a plan, invest in your people, and communicate as best you can (don't assume everyone knows what you know).

Other Employee Reviews for PPC

"Chaos, followed by more chaos"

Current Employee - Principal
    Current Employee - Principal

Pros

Good relationship with fellow employees

Cons

Management is always behind the curve. The constant fire drills are due in large part to the lack of management skills.

Advice to Management

Comunicate and plan better.

"Before AEA it was a great place to work"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst
    Current Employee - Principal Analyst

Pros

Some departments get to telecommute
    Eco-friendly slant (except for the disparity in telecommuting between departments)
    Good location in northern VA near DC

Cons

There is no work-life balance
    There is rampant favoritism in certain departments
    People are assigned clients not based on skill-match, but on how it suits a manager
    The same few resumes are used to secure work, then a "bait and switch" is used on the clients with staffing - leaving the onsite staff feeling awkward and having to explain discrepancies
    They go after every opportunity even if it is totally inappropriate, or they cannot staff it, and then the project staff has to attempt miracles to make it successful (then they take the blame when it fails - even if the staff, resources, or other requirements were never provided in the first place, or if the staff, resources, etc. were pulled out from under the team, or if the staff has the completely wrong skill-set to do the work)

Advice to Management

PPC used to have values that included: honesty, integrity, being employee-focused, being customer advocates (doing right by the client), and having fun. Now it is just about making a profit so AEA can announce a profit. Get back to caring about the people who do the work - look at the way your middle managers are berating and abusing your employees to eek out every drop of blood, sweat, and tears from them and look at how happy your customers really are - may make this a good place to work again.