PPG - Solid company, great place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PPG

"Solid company, great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People who work hard are given plenty of opportunities for advancement. Employees are generally treated very well and with a lot of respect. People who work here tend to stay for a long time, often their entire career - for good reason.

Cons

The corporate culture is very conservative, and PPG has a few of the same issues that other international companies face - business units can be pretty segmented.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging employee growth and development.

Other Employee Reviews for PPG

"Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at PPG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program so far, they really make sure you are ready to take on the challenge of running your own store. Large company with plenty of room for advancement if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

You must be willing to relocate or they will not hire you. Unfortunate if you would like to stay where you are at, but that is all part of the job.

2. "R&D technician (contractor)"

Former Contractor - Lab Tech in Shelby, NC
    Former Contractor - Lab Tech in Shelby, NC

I worked at PPG as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nobody was willing to do anything(horrible morale) so I got to try my hand at several different areas and operate many different tools I would have otherwise never touched.

Cons

poor ethics-

I've repackaged competitors products and slapped stickers on it for the sake of shipping a sample and quoting a price on something we did not manufacture.

I was promised a raise if I got A, B, and C done only to be given a 6 month extension on the promised raise, then a 12 month extension, then a complete denial of ever offering a raise.

Exposure to chemicals without workers knowledge, calling them proprietary formulas. multiple instances of of lying to workers in regards to handled materials resulting in injury. No corrective action was taken, and workers couldn't fire workers comp because they would lose their pension.

Advice to Management

I had so many bosses, yet maybe I had none... I seriously still dont understand the hierarchy. Some people took advantage of this. Responsibility was kicked around like a soccer ball.