PPG - A careeer eye opener. | Glassdoor

"A careeer eye opener."

Former Employee - Senior Field Technical Ser Representative in Marysville, OH
Former Employee - Senior Field Technical Ser Representative in Marysville, OH

I worked at PPG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) You meet some of the best people to work with.
2) Continuous learning throughout your career.

Cons

Improvement within the management hiearchy. Mgt does not survey themselves for improvements in the field(plants).

Advice to Management

Mgt does not care about employees finishing their career at ppg.
Mgt needs to be more loyal to older employees(no lay-offs).

Other Employee Reviews for PPG

"Not a bad company, bad managers"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of schedule, Client has mostly good people, I have met some good people, holiday schedule generous

Cons

You will be worked like a rented mule and treated as such by upper management. There is no regard for anything outside of your job, This company has been sued so many times that they are regimental in their requirements, if you disagree with something, you are told to be glad you have a job, no valid reasons given for decisions other that that is what the "team" has decided, management in a bind and you step up great, ask them to throw you a bone, don't bet on it. If you have ever worked for a competitor, expect to pay dearly for it, and heaven forbid you still have friends from that company, you will be expected to end the friendship. Management has embarrassed me to the point that I have made a call to someone to apologize for his bad behavior.

Advice to Management

Clean house and get managers that know how to treat their employees with the respect they deserve-if they deserve it, lighten up, listen to those who do the job about suggestions on how to make things better, Get out of trying to control all aspects of your employees lives, stop treating us like unruly children

"Company won't pay invest in their employees"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at PPG full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the architectural coatings industry and the products they carry really are superior to competitors brands. The benefits are also extremely good. Full medical and dental for your entire family.

Cons

Over the last 4 or 5 years, PPG has decreased salaries and as a result, there has Ben a ton of turnover inside the stores.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees a decent wage! We are not order takers like the employees that work at McDonald's, there is a great amount of product knowledge and training involved with positions inside the store. Until you do this, customer service and employee satisfaction will continue to decline!