PRA Health Sciences - Family friendly flexibility and heavy workloads | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PRA Health Sciences

"Family friendly flexibility and heavy workloads"

Current Employee - Project Associate II in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Project Associate II in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

PRA offers a good starting PTO package and benefits, plus major holidays off. It is flexible and family friendly and some positions allow working from home depending on your manager and department. There are a lot of learning opportunities and encouragement to attend more trainings and take classes to further your career. Good work/life balance because of the flexibility.

Cons

Some areas have higher turnover and others have consistent team members with very heavy workloads and high demand to always be available to address issues. It's rare to receive recognition for hard work from upper management which lowers staff morale.

Other Employee Reviews for PRA Health Sciences

"Horrible management and "mean girl" environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate facilities are very nice, company events scheduled (only for corporate employes) throughout the year, good benefits

Cons

Very poor management on all levels. On-site corporate employees are valued while those in the field are under-valued and over-worked. Merit increases have been stripped away and the environment reminds me of high school, rumor and innuendo are rampant and upper-management is just as much a part of it (including HR/Recruiting who should know better)

Advice to Management

Spend less money on catering breakfast every Friday and expensive corporate lunches and more on rewarding individual performance.

PRA Health Sciences Response

May 30, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback and comments. We value our employees and will take this into consideration as we continuously work to improve our organization.

"We're in a death spiral"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at PRA Health Sciences full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intelligent, hard working employees who work far beyond the typical 40 hours in order to meet demand. Robust benefits package. Excellent training programs allow for quick rise within the organization.

Cons

PRA has yet to invest in the basic infrastructure that is required to grow an organization. We've spent far to much time going things cheaply instead of doing them well. There is little to no communication of corporate objectives to the staff. Information exchange is done behind closed doors and trickled down through whispers. Managers, empathetic to their employees, are given no resources to correct and address issues. Employees are fed up and are leaving as quickly as possible.

Advice to Management

You have far too many "leaders" who are focused on CYA instead of leading their teams to produce high quality work. Implement a behavioral assessment to determine if those applying for Director level and above positions possess humility. Investigate down.