PRO-telligent - Average in terms of what you're going to find in a government contracting company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PRO-telligent

"Average in terms of what you're going to find in a government contracting company"

Current Employee - Program Specialist in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Program Specialist in Washington, DC

Pros

Hands-off for the most part, so you don't feel like you have two bosses. In fact, pretty much anything you work out with your direct supervisor, they will accomodate.

Cons

The benefits are not fantastic, and they'll definitely try and make as much money off your contract as they can. Try and bargain (if you can) for a higher salary, they're probably low-balling you to start with. On the other hand, one of my colleagues tried negotiating and was told "This is all you're going to get, take it or leave it.".

Advice to Management

Your contractors feel like they're easily replaceable, that you don't really value "them" as employees, you just need a warm body to fill the contract. That hurts morale. I feel this is an important issue the company needs to pay attention to.

Other Employee Reviews for PRO-telligent

1. "Fine."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Baghdad (Iraq)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Baghdad (Iraq)

I have been working at PRO-telligent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the personnel in travel and management are great -- responsible, responsive, professional. I would work for them again.

Cons

If you get the wrong account manager for your contract, you can have very serious problems -- and I mean dangerous, not merely inconvenient. The only reason I'm not giving a higher rating is because of the particular manager over my contract.

Advice to Management

Maybe not a good idea to put a very young person who has barely even travelled internationally in charge of contracts in a war zone. This happened under the former owners, though, and I believe Tetra Tech, the current owners, would be more responsible.

2. "Company has been bought by Tetra Tek DPK and seems much improved"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Baghdad (Iraq)
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at PRO-telligent as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Follows the rules, likeable staff, keeps its word.

Cons

Some people in critical positions people depended on while working in dangerous situations were either mis-informed or weren't properly trained.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and progress noted since the buy-out.