PS Business Parks - Terrible Experience | Glassdoor

"Terrible Experience"

I worked at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They only positive thing for the employees that they would occasionally spend the tenant's money on buying lunches for their employees.

Cons

Very stressful place to work. They are a public company, but won't even hire receptionists for their offices. They run VERY lean and pile way too much work on all of their employees without any regard for their wellbeing. Plus, they don't really care for their tenants, except the larger ones that would make them look bad if they defaulted and had a bunch of empty space. My advice.....don't take a job here.

Other Employee Reviews for PS Business Parks

"High Turnover."

Pros

Simple, profitable business model. Industry leader. Employees with longevity at PS Business Parks are considered marketable in other settings and within industry because of the high demands put on their positions and the experience they receive.

Cons

Company operates extremely lean and with unfair expectations for team. Management is not responsive to internal issues. Poor communication from top down. Poor leadership.

2. "PS Business Parks-Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at PS Business Parks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My employment at PS Business Parks has been one of the best work experiences in my career! For the past one year and a half, I have had the opportunity to learn more than I have learned in any previous position held with another company, which is priceless. Furthermore, I have received the best support and direction from colleagues and upper management.

PS Business Park's size is one of its greatest advantages, as one is able to become familiar with almost all of the employees in some capacity, which in return, creates a "family-like" experience at work. In addition, the team at PS Business Parks is one that is unlike any other-- everyone is super kind, professional, knowledgeable, and most importantly, collaborative.

The upper management team is very involved and has a vested interest in the employees and the success of the Company. The CEO, Maria Hawthorne, is an exemplary leader and an example of someone who has no limits, as she has worked with the company for 32 years, from Administrative Assistant to President and Chief Executive Officer. Ms. Hawthorne is sincerely interested in all of the Company's employees, strives to create a happy & healthy workplace, and is passionate about seeing employees succeed. She is involved in all aspects of the Company's operations and is extremely approachable and personable, which creates a level of comfort for all employees. Needless to say, she is a super savvy, intelligent businesswoman that holds her own in the super competitive commercial real estate & REIT industry.

I feel fortunate to be an employee of PS Business Parks, as I know that the Company is sincere and has the best interest of both the employees and the Company's success at hand. It is also comforting to know how financially stable and secure PS Business Parks has maintained itself to be despite the ever- changing real estate market and economic environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention at this time.