PSAV - Absolutely Love It | Glassdoor

"Absolutely Love It"

Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay scale is fair, especially for a recession and includes regular bonuses or commissions based on your position. Happy with the benefits, 401k match. Love the support structure in the company; all information or needed support is at your fingertips. I am able to manage my area without feeling micro-managed by my RVP, yet I know that I have their support at all times. Love the environment and culture fostered by the RVP.

Cons

There is a little too much "red tape" in the purchasing process to efficiently run a business unit. If that's the biggest issue, then things are good.

Advice to Management

Issue corporate credit cards to those managers running a business unit.

Other Employee Reviews for PSAV

"PSAV Presentation Services - Hotel Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at PSAV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A solid job with ability to move "up" within the lower tiers of the company if you're willing to work very hard (think 10-12 hour days if not more some times) for long durations of time (think at least a couple years). It also helps if you have the ability to move around the country to take advantage of openings in other locations.

Cons

Long hours, work-life balance is laughable at lower levels, and little compassion for lower level employees from upper management...its pretty much a "This is the job. If you don't like it, leave." mentality.

Regarding moving into upper management, well that can take a long time from what I saw (think 8+ years.) If you're a durable individual who wants to work in this at-times strange industry and also has 10 years to spare, go for it.

Advice to Management

...not even sure anyone would listen anyways, so there is no need to comment.

"Good for beginning experience, not so well for a career."

Former Employee - Part TIme Audio/Visual Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Part TIme Audio/Visual Technician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at PSAV part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great experience for an out of school graduate
    - Provide flexible schedules for part-timers
    - Decent starting pay
    - Comfortable working environment
    - May have an opportunity to work offsite events
    - Training
    - Provides an opportunity to network with many executives and professionals

Cons

- Not a stable job Point #1: Work hours are event based whether you are a part-timer or full-timer. You may work 50+ hours one week and then get under 20 hours the following week. In the summer you may go many weeks to months where you get no work.

-Not a stable job Point #2: Each property is based off of a contract signed with the venue/hotel. As with other AV companies, there's a chance that you can lose the contract with the venue. The company will transfer you in this instance, but the negative part is there becomes too many employees which translates to little work.

- No point in becoming full-time (unless you become salary). There's only one reason I would recommend moving up to full-time: benefits. Other than that, you really aren't guaranteed full time hours each week and aren't given much schedule flexibility.

- No reward for being a better technician/experience: Whether you do sets/strikes, have a degree, or run an event, you are paid the same. You can start the job with no audio or visual knowledge or experience and still get paid the same as someone who has done it for a few years. Also, if you run a large event, don't expect to get paid extra.

Advice to Management

- Work on the "coordinator" position. There is little reason to become full-time.
    - Reward employees as they progress in the company.