PSAV - Great professional growth | Glassdoor

"Great professional growth"

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Event Technology
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Event Technology

I worked at PSAV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast pace enviroment. Management always was willing to lend a hand and help when needed. Talented crews and managers who care about provided best service possible. In the time I was there I grew professionally 4X faster then anywhere else. It was a great stepping stone to other oppurtunites.

Cons

Sometimes it was an overwhelming amount of work. Work life balance could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue on course and keep growing talent. Love that you promote from with in.

Other Employee Reviews for PSAV

1. "My time with PSAV"

Former Employee - Audio Visual Technician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Audio Visual Technician in Nashville, TN

I worked at PSAV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady work and good benefits,flexible hours,top of the line gear

Cons

Underpaid,overworking employees,sudden changes,better profiling of new employees

"I've learned a lot!"

Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot working for this company. Surrounded by a lot of really smart technicians every day. Pay is good for just getting out of college. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a job away from a desk.

Cons

Terrible scheduling - They wont tell us if we work the weekend until Thursday or sometimes even Friday (the night before Saturday).

No praise - getting paid is one thing, and being told you've done a good job is another. Management at this company has always lacked good moral boosting. So many times I will go above and beyond when doing work. It would have been nice to hear a "thanks" or "great job" once in a while.

Bad communication - Between sales, directors and technicians, there are always communication barriers, which can often create a ton of extra work and confusion for a technician.

Advice to Management

All around, I think this company is pretty great! I just think there should be more positive morale boosting, better communication, and definitely better scheduling. I know I signed up to be able to work weekends, but there has to be a better way to let us know when we work.