PSAV - Great place to grow | Glassdoor

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Blending of hospitality and technology
Live event environment
Lots of career opportunities
Large and stable company
R&D always providing new equipment and technology
Creativity is encouraged if not expected
Work nearly anywhere in the country

Cons

Hotels don't shut down for the day, be prepared for after hours work
Seasonality of events- busy time is SUPER busy, then there are quiet times

Advice to Management

Continue to ask the property based teams for input, we use the equipment and talk to customers every day

Other Employee Reviews for PSAV

"Horrible work place for women"

Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II
    Former Employee - Event Technology Specialist II

I worked at PSAV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The experience was a nightmare from the beginning till the end.

Cons

As a woman working as an Event Technology Specialist for PSAV I was treated and talked to by the male employees (not my manager) with great hostility. Mind you this was in Florida and the men I worked with were from Porto Rico and Jamaica so I don't know if this was a cultural wall I was hitting.

I have worked with men in AV and Broadcast Television in other parts of the country for 10 years and never had any problems. I was always treated with respect and professional courtesy and always developed good friendships with my colleagues. We all were married and had families most of the time but even the single guys were great. I was often the only female in my department.

My first day there one co-worker asked me if I knew how to talk to men in the right way because if I didn't it was going to be very difficult for me here. The other co-worker actually shoved a cart into me one night during break down because he was mad that I followed a procedure taught to me by our Manager that was company policy instead of doing it his way which was against company policy and was dangerous. I got absolutely no support from HR when I reported it and within a day of reporting the incidents was let go. Florida is a right to work state so I had no recourse and was a bit shell shocked by the whole experience so I let it go.Though it was the first time in my life I have felt victimized.

It was the craziest and most awful experience I have ever had in my career. I felt like I had time traveled back in time to a bygone era of overt sexism and discrimination. Besides that the foul language and overall lack of professional conduct in front of clients was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it before or since.

Advice to Management

My advice to you is when you run a company like your running this one it will come back to bite you. I work as a Manager for a major hotel chain now and I always make sure we don't use PSAV for any AV contracts or events. Any company that hires and retains people like this and allows this behavior shows a lack of character and corporate ethics and any company that has any professional ethics should not be doing business with them.

"Stifling corporate culture, low pay, no personal autonomy, and lots of work demands."

Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Event Technology Specialist III in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at PSAV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will enhance your general A/V skills and often your co-workers are great to work with.

Cons

Terrible hours, schedules aren't set for the next week until the day before, which is a Friday so you have no ability to plan your weekends, and company has a lot of nonsense policies that make you a door mate to customers instead of a valuable team member. You have to pay for your own suit. And you don't get reimbursed until 2 months later with a measly $300.

Advice to Management

Empathize and respect your laborers. Don't constantly cave to the unruly demands of corporate clients. You can't create a business world where the word "no" never exists.