PSAV - Great place work with plenty of opportunity for career growth! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PSAV

"Great place work with plenty of opportunity for career growth!"

Current Employee - PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Current Employee - PSAV Sales Manager - Hotel Divisions in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Top three places to work in Central Florida region. Career Opportunities nation wide.

Cons

As of late we have merged a few major companies into the organization. The culture of the company and communications have been in a slight gray area but improving nonetheless.

Other Employee Reviews for PSAV

"Poor culture, couldn't wait to leave"

Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist in Orlando, FL

I worked at PSAV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constantly posting positions nationwide in a variety of positions and entrance levels. Somewhat competitive compensation depending on the location you live/work.

Cons

Poor senior and mid management creates a very negative culture and lacks a sense of community. No investment in the on location employees, most hourly employees are treated as disposable and thus there are constantly new hires filling roles that should be filled by more seasoned employees. The work hours are awful, consisting of any hour of the day, mainly nights and weekends, with low end compensation especially for new employees. The support staff in the warehouse make near minimum wage and thus there is very little pride taken in the work performed. There is far too many managers, likely due to the merger of several companies, thus hampering decision making and making it almost impossible to create and install new policies and procedures. Multiple branches operate on a variety of payroll and inventory systems that don't sync together. This company is still in chaos after mergers with chief competitors and thus the internal atmosphere is still that of them vs us between employees from the acquired companies.

Advice to Management

Cut out atleast 50% of mid and upper management and reinvest in the true heart of the business, your people in the hotels and on the shows.The gap in salaries between regional management and entry level positions is absurdly out of proportion.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director, Event Technology in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Event Technology in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PSAV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a Director we are trusted with the day tot day operation of our location. Upper management always has an ear for what is needed by us in the trenches.

Cons

Can be a little Bean county at times.