PSEG - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Finance Intern in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Finance Intern in Newark, NJ

Pros

treat you like family great place to work, good benifits everyone wants to help you and teach you so that you can do your best

Cons

nothing really, they just have to hire more people

Advice to Management

keep on doing what your doing, and hire more people you are not hiring enough you are a gas and electric people if you keep this hire freeze you cant advance as a company

Other Employee Reviews for PSEG

1. "Read about PSEG"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Pros

The different challenges and learning experience.

Cons

Inability to move into other divisions

Advice to Management

Better benefits to the employees, and better opportunities for advancement. During the years spent at PSEG, only people who moved up were those who smooezed and went to lunch with them.
    Really could not rely on those people since they were well- connected and not really knowledgable.

"It's WHO you know NOT WHAT you know (best results are with relatives)"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nicchiara (Italy)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nicchiara (Italy)

I have been working at PSEG full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are wonderful. If you enjoy the corporate game of brown nosing, this the company for you!!!!

Cons

1. Started 2003 in the northern inquiry call center as a customer service professional and still there. I'm college educated with a bachelor's degree. I'm a hard worker with a great work ethic. I've been in various departments on a temporary basis. What's interesting is that when permanent positions come in those same departments that I've worked in, I apply. I get interviewed, I'm usually the top candidate. But I never get the position. The position is always given the friend or family member of so and so's higher up manager (usually from a different department ). But Ironically have no qualms about sending me the newly hired person's work to complete. This is a company-wide practice that's known to EVERYONE (R. Izzo).
    2. It's a MAN'S company, women will excel to a certain point. Look up the ratio of male to female directors and managers. Females will excel in HR, finance, and departments of similar to that nature. The technical aspects, gas distribution, and electric distribution, are male dominated fields.

Advice to Management

Hire the MOST qualified applicant. Not the relative or friend of your friend.