PVH Corp. - Lack of career advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PVH Corp.

"Lack of career advancement"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

good relationships between management and employees. Flexible schedules and easy work load

Cons

No room for advancement. Very small pay raise and little incentive for hard work.

Advice to Management

offer more opportunities for advancement

Other Employee Reviews for PVH Corp.

1. "I love working here, but they simply don't compensate you fairly."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great network. My DSM is a wonder, and they are somewhat more flexible with in-store decision-making than other retail corporations.

Cons

Because they only review once a year, you are only given a small percentage raise a year, commiserate with how much your boss can spend. IE If everyone in the DSM's district did amazing, they can only give a flat raise to them all.

Advice to Management

I would advise visual to coordinate with allocations, and I would challenge our senior management to coordinate between these two entities to provide a more cohesive picture of what our business will look like a month into the future.

2. "Fine at times, horrendous at others"

Pros

Flexible schedule; holiday & vacation pay for certain parttime associates; decent pay if you're district manager or higher; good co-workers (at certain stores)

Cons

Almost no opportunity for job advancement; senior management is incompetent; no praise to those who actually DO the work -- only to those who run the store; terrible pay for anyone lower than store manager; no sales incentives, only ranting about how we need to sell more

Advice to Management

If you want to have store managers oversee more than one store, make sure they actually have a clue. Don't promote based on seniority -- those people don't necessarily know what they are doing. Better raises for those who are showing improvement and are obviously helping out their stores.