Pacific Alliance Medical Center - I am great at what I do because of the training I got. Sad to leave but felt that working conditions are too dangerous. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pacific Alliance Medical Center

"I am great at what I do because of the training I got. Sad to leave but felt that working conditions are too dangerous."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Food serve at cafeteria and patient food are superb.hospital is small but equipped with latest technology. They do computerized charting. They have Free health benefits for full-time employee. Great staff.

Cons

Staffing is very bad. 90% of the time is always under staff. Manager aware but ignores the situation. Short staff and still expects you to clock out on time.you are almost always have 1 or 2 extra patient, you are spread so thin that you almost have no time to check your patients again. Safety and quality of care is a major concern. There's been a lot of near misses in the maternity department, some cases that didn't turn out well.

Advice to Management

I commend your hospital for always trying to keep abreast with latest in health technology. Please try to value your employees more. Some of your managers particularly in OB demean your employees by yelling at them especially in front of patients. That is just very unprofessional. Can you please take a look at high turnover rate in that department? You have a very nice L&D unit but safety and quality of care is quite poor.I do love the food that is served, one of the best. Kudos to the dietary department.

Other Employee Reviews for Pacific Alliance Medical Center

1. "Urgent Care Technician"

Current Employee - Urgent Care Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Urgent Care Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding experience and very professional atmosphere.

Cons

None at all, it is very rewarding to work here.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Registered Nurse"

I worked at Pacific Alliance Medical Center full-time

Pros

Some nice employees. Multicultural staff.

Cons

Need to treat employees better especially the night shift. No cafeteria open on that shift. Staff up as day shift is over staffed. Get a parking area next to hospital for employees.. Staff need to stop looking at their phones and work. Too many cliques.

Advice to Management

Give more compliments. Don't just criticize.