Pacific Dental Services - Overall nice place to work but no work/life balance and the health insurance is terrible | Glassdoor

"Overall nice place to work but no work/life balance and the health insurance is terrible"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Giving back on serve day, nice bonus if we reach our monthly goal. Nice people to work with if you get a good office

Cons

No work life balance, OM's are pressured by RMs to produce. All they care about is production. Front office feels pressured to fill the schedules. If the schedule falls apart management and owner Doctor get upset with you. Also our health insurance through BCBS is terrible. You'd think a dental company would have better coverage.

Pacific Dental Services2016-08-22

Pacific Dental Services Response

November 2, 2016Recruiting Representative

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We agree, our “Serve Days” are a really nice opportunity. With our very busy office environments, we understand that there can be a lot of pressure felt. Your honest feedback helps us ensure authenticity and transparency within the company. That being said, we will pass along your suggestions to our leadership team.

Continue reading
  1. "Excellent Suport + Growing Company"

Former Intern - Intern in Irvine, CA

I worked at Pacific Dental Services for less than a year

Pros

The intern program is top-notch. There are lots of opportunities to learn about all of the aspects of this company's internal workings.

Cons

I don't believe a lot of the interns continued on after their internship. It seems to vary by department, so be aware of that!

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-16
  2. "Entirely dependent on your owner doctor and manager."

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Great support from DSO, including corporate benefits (like discounts on tickets and memberships, good insurance, no cutting of hours, free CEs) *Owner docs have say over clinical decisions, and not some disembodied voice in another city or state

Cons

*PDS pushes you to work more more more, often to the breaking point of your clinicians, without any physical growth room available. They want you to work days before and after Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, etc. *The break/lunch room for a 20 person office can barely fit 4-5 people in there *They don't use temps, for the most part. Huge inconvenience.

Pacific Dental Services2020-02-07

Discover more reviews about Pacific Dental Services.