Pacific Dental Services - Growing Organization With Great Values and a Supportive Team | Glassdoor

"Growing Organization With Great Values and a Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Lead Generator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

In a nutshell- Supportive team, fun atmosphere, patient-focused, living out values and "we believe" statements in everyday business, professional and personal growth opportunities, and giving back to communities. TEAM- Specifically, within our team at our National Support Center, our leadership team has always made sure to recognize great performance, celebrate birthdays and special events, and provide support when someone is going through a difficult time personally, by encouraging to take time off, sending flowers, and/or giving a card of encouragement, signed by everyone on the team. We work hard but laugh often. Furthermore, suggestions and recommendations on how to improve company and team culture, processes, and systems are requested by our leadership team, which makes the team feel like our opinion is valued and shows the organizations' focus to continually improve. VALUES- We start each day with our team huddle, reading a short story of success or words of encouragement, always ending with one of our "we believe" statements, and talking about how what we do each day impacts our dentists, patients, and team members. There is a constant focus on our vision and how we impact the business. It's not just something you read in orientation and never see again. DIVERSITY- I've read other reviews addressing diversity, which is very surprising to me, considering the very diverse culture we have at our National Support Center. Anyone who follows the social media accounts can see the diversity in the photos. GROWTH- Another huge advantage is the professional and personal growth opportunities. I have been promoted once myself, and have witnessed about a dozen other promotions within our team and other teams. There are great career paths at PDS and with the growth of the organization, it's not unlikely to see multiple promotions for someone. GIVING BACK- Lastly, PDS is really big into volunteering. They even offer paid time off to volunteer. During the recent hurricanes, our team members and executives came together and helped raise over $25,000 to help our team members in the gulf coast and their families get back on their feet. Some people even donated their time off to those affected team members. PDS also provides free dentistry every year to people across the US (and in other countries) that otherwise could not afford it, and we run fundraising campaigns each year to raise money to build wells in Africa to provide clean drinking water to people in need. How awesome is that?

Cons

Being that it is a growing organization, there are some kinks that still need to be ironed out with processes and systems to be more efficient. The good news, is the leadership and executive team recognizes this and is in process to make things better. Also, the two pieces of consistent feedback for improvement are benefits and communication. There has always been a disconnect with some communication between departments, and from higher level management and team members. I have also seen an improvement with this in the 2 years that I have been here but there is still room for improvement.

Advice to Management

1) Continue to seek feedback from your team members to find out how to improve culture, systems, and processes. 2) Offer more options for medical benefits, and offer more time off.

Pacific Dental Services2017-11-02
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

PDS is a great place to work! Everyone is very friendly and genuinely wants to see you succeed. The company is extremely ambitious and expects the same out of their employees, which fosters a great work ethic. There are a lot of opportunities to learn and they give you a clear path to see where you can grow within the company. If you want to be around hard-working, fun, and all-around great people, this is the place for you!

Cons

Parking can be difficult at times.

Pacific Dental Services2019-12-12
  2. "God enough"

Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at Pacific Dental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Could do better would do better

Cons

It was an okay job if you ask me

Pacific Dental Services2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Pacific Dental Services.